Chapter 19: Jafar's Farewell

After last night, I thought that that would be enough excitement to last us for a while, but it wasn't over yet. Prince Ali woke up from his drug-induced slumber the next morning demanding to see Jafar. The servants looked in the usual places, but the grand vizier was nowhere to be found. Even I couldn't track him.

Instead, my search led me to the sultan's study where I found a letter that had fallen off the desk. I grabbed the letter with my mouth and presented it to Jasmine who was right behind me.

"Oh!" she said. "This is Jafar's handwriting."

I watched as Jasmine started to read the letter. She frowned.

What?

I whined at her.

She looked down at me. Her brow was creased. "Sorry," she said, "I'll read it aloud."

It read:

To

Sultan Hamed Bobolonius II of Agrabah

And

His Honorable Daughter, Princess Jasmine Bobolonius of Agrabah

This is my notice of resignation. For countless years, I have struggled to

find what I was missing in this life, and yesterday I found the answer I had

been searching for. It was an honor serving you both, but I must bid you

and this fair kingdom farewell.

Good Luck Princess Jasmine. Agrabah will need you.

Jafar

She flipped the letter over and said, "Nothing. That's it. It's just this and his signature."

We stared at the letter as she flipped it over again. Even I could see that the other side was blank.

"This doesn't make any sense. What on earth could he be talking about?"

I had no idea.

We exchanged a worried look. We may not know what Jafar had supposedly found, but one thing was clear:

The grand vizier was gone.