𝕋ℍ𝔼 ℕ𝔸𝕄𝔼

Billy heard the ringing of Gyda's cellphone, looking at it curiously. Who would be calling her now? Gyda froze, her hand that was currently prepping a fork full of food, clattered back onto the plate as she paled. The white-haired female shrunk away from the direction of the device, afraid to even answer it. She didn't want to. The girl looked up at Billy with fear, who in return pushed their food away from each other to scoop her up into his arms and place her in his lap.

Neither minded the contact because of how close they had grown in the six months of knowing each other. Suddenly, the phone stopped ringing and Gyda let out a sigh of relief. She refused to be the one thing stopping her friends from dying. After ten minutes, Gyda was quite normal, but both didn't move from their spot. "Do you have to go in six months?" Billy's question shocked Gyda. No one had ever said that. No one ever said did she have to go. The female looked up at the male with a small frown.

"I guess so. These guys can't look after me if I wanted to stay," she explained, her left hand on his left side of his chest whilst her right one was cradled between his side and her's. "You could stay with me?" The hopeful gaze of Billy made Gyda's heart yearn to stay. But she couldn't. Once her next six months were gone, she'd be going back home. "I can't. My parents won't allow that. Besides, my family really misses me and I want to see my brother grow up. He's three years old." The girl looked to the ground, her head laying on his shoulder as she felt his breathing pattern.

Billy grabbed her chin softly and pulled it towards him, so that she could face him as he spoke. The Australian teenager noticed that his eyes seemed to have darkened a smidge, his once honey brown eyes were a dark brown, growing a shade deeper the longer she looked at them. She furrowed her eyebrows at that, before realising how close their faces were to touching and blushed, pulling her head away. "Can you convince them to stay another year, at least?" At that point in time, her Great Dane came rushing through the door, seeing how the door wasn't shut properly. Gyda used this as a distraction to avoid that question.

She didn't want to say no, but she didn't want to say yes either. Cause that would mean she'd have to relearn to drive and not only that, she didn't know how their currency worked. "Harley!" She grinned, scrambling off an annoyed looking Billy to hug her dog. He didn't like the dog interrupting his time with Gyda. It was a special time for him. The albino girl gave her animal affection, bringing him onto the bed, where his teeth bared back at Billy, but didn't let any sound come out whilst his owner wasn't looking.

The dog just didn't trust Billy. He never did. Billy glared at Harley before turning it to one of amusement quickly once the Aussie girl turned around. "Want some treats?" She questioned the dog, who in return let out a small, deep bark in return. She laughed and raised her treat, resulting in him sitting down with a hopeful look. As Gyda fed her dog, Billy came up from behind, wrapping his arms around her torso gently, aware of her bruises.

The girl tensed and blushed heavily, her gaze locked onto her dog, refusing to look to the side and lock gazes with the boy behind her. This position was also another iconic move they did together, but it was always friendly. It only happened when he couldn't get affection off of Sidney, well that was what he said to Gyda. His true reason for doing it was because he just liked the feel of her pressed against him. He enjoyed any form of contact with the Australian, whether she thought it was friendly or not.

"Why won't you look at me?" His voice caught her off guard and on instinct, she jumped, her heading making a bang with Billy's face. He let go of her in shock, and she fell on the bed, holding the back of her head. She had just so happened to have hit the part with the slight concussion and she groaned out, black spots clouding her vision. She could see his mouth moving, but couldn't exactly hear him.

"-Gumdrop."

That was when she tensed up with fear. Her memories flooded back of the phone call where they had called her that name. She gazed at Billy with horror. Was she wrong? Was Billy really the murderer? "W-what did you just say?" Her voice quivered with each word that stumbled out of her mouth, crawling away from Billy as Harley took a protective stance over her, growling softly. "I said that your hit could make a guy drop. What did you think I said?" His voice was quick to speak, meaning he had no time to think of a lie in that time of asking the question and answering.

She frowned, staring at a concerned Billy. The 5'7 female didn't know what to say. She just basically assumed that her best friend was the killer, when he only tried to make a joke to cheer her up. He crawled into bed with her, ignoring the dog as he checked her head. "You should be fine," he murmured. Gyda nodded her head and looked down with guilt. "I'm sorry." Her voice was barely above a whisper, butbhe caught it. "For what?" he asked, confused.

"The night Casey died," she paused to stop from crying then and there. Even mentioning her made her upset. "I had accidentally said you were my boyfriend because I didn't want to say Randy because he's not scary." Billy raised an eyebrow as he smirked. "You think I'm scary?" Gyda shook her head immediately. "No, not to me. But, most people at school are too scared to confront you so I assumed if I said your name, they'd go away."

"Did they?" The teenager shook her head and sighed. "Obviously not. I have scars, a concussion and bruises from that night. Anyway, the killer called me Gumdrop, and I thought you said that earlier." Gyda noticed him look at her said scars with anger and regret? She furrowed her eyebrows. He couldn't be the killer, he tried helping Sidney when she was attacked and surely, she would be dead if he was.

It can't be possible, can it?