chapter 13 - so it begins

Saoirse's Prov

He screams at me and storms out. He's so angry but I can not blame him. I should have been honest but I was and still am scared. A knock comes to the door I see layla standing their looking pissed off. Before I can ask she informs me that my brother has the kids for the night to allow me to refocus. I breakdown but she does not move towards me. Why. "Layla whats wrong" I ask. She looks me dead in the eyes as tell me I've been a selfish bitch keeping him in the dark this long that no matter what I had thought it wasnt fair on him or my kids to keep them apart. So she heard the last bit as he left. See I never told her who their dad was. I know some best friend I am but I didnt want to drag another person into the lie.

Layla takes a seat and just stares at me waiting to speak but what can I say. I can hear my phone non stop ringing from my office so I get up to get it. She follows me. Christ I have 12 missed calls from abbey and keith wtf. I quickly send a text asking is all ok. My phone rings not 2 seconds later I hit loudspeak and tell him layla is here.

Keith: Saoirse what the hell happened and dont try bullshit me he texted me and basically told me to fuck off and that our friendship and partnership is over. I told you over and over to tell him abbey shouts. Over 100 times i told you to tell him when u were pregnant and through the years so what the hell just happened.

Layla: keith abbey Il answer you both since Saoirse is having her own pity party here.

Saoirse: fuck you all this is my life my problem. So back off all of you.

Abbey: Im leaving this convo but first SAOIRSE MAIREAD KELLY you better check your attitude. This is YOUR fault not ours. You done this for your own selfish reasons and now we are all suffering so you better sort it before u lose us all. If this ruins Keiths business I will never forgive you. We should never have  helped you this long. Goodbye

Keith: no its all our problem if you remember saoirse you dragged us into your lie. So what happened, actually dont bother telling me I'll be there tomorrow evening at the latest. Layla can we stay with you please.

Layla: of course.

Keith ended the call aburptly. Fuck Im in deep waters now. I stare at layla for a moment then sank into the couch and tell her everything. To say she was shocked was one thing but she sort of understood my reasons but she did not agree with them and I can tell she is just as angry as my other friends. Fuck I really messed up here didnt I. I need to go home to think this through before I make the next move.

Eoins Prov

Im a dad of 3 kids. Not babies but kids. How could she do that to me, to us, to them. I reminded myself of becca the "model" who I went on 2 work related meals with but she had informed the papers in advance that we were about to be engaged and had been dating secretly for months. She was a stalker and tried to ruin me. She is now in "treatment" serving 10years. I drive around not knowing what Im doing. Its getting dark when I pull up at her house. Im at the door before I realise it. Dont knock just walk away. She does not deserve to explain she dont deserve your words but she has my kids. I want to see my kids so I knock.

She opens the door and her face pales, her eyes are red and swollen and I can't help but still look at her beauty. I clear my head and ask for my kids. She collapses to the floor and begs me not to take them. What. Oh shit oh shit no.. I bend and pull her up. She feels so good in my arms. I tell her I meant I wanted to see them not take them from her. She steps back still crying but her body relaxes. I follow her inside and notice the kids are not here so I ask. She informs me they are at her brothers so she could decided the next step. She decides. I see red.

Saoirses pov

We are standing in my kitchen and he is going off about how dare I think this is just my decision and how he has rights as a father and blablabla. Im angry now so I open my big mouth and tell him that Im their mother, me know one else and that yes I get to decide it all ME and I'll decide if they should know about him and how they will find out when the time is right. His whole face changes. Fuck I fucked up I know I have but I cant stop my mouth it keeps going about my rights until he simply stands up and tells me. Fine let our lawyers figure this out. He gets up and leaves while I slide to the floor. Now Ive gone and done it he is going to take them from me. Isnt he. I scream.

Eoin Prov

What have I said. I can see her heart shatter before me but I cant back out now. She still does not get the magnitude of what she has done. I leave her house but slide down her front door and cry. How could she do this or say those things. I hear her screaming and it rips me apart but I cant turn round. I get up and go home. I need to prepare for a
battle by the sounds of it. I dont want to take our kids from their mother. I love her god damn it  just want answers and for us to be a family but I need to be realistic now and face the facts she hates me. Another sleepless night here I come.