chapter 18 - kids

Eoins prov

When I left the hospital. I just sat in my car for a few hours. My kids just hugs me and called me daddy. Oh and they are so smart too. The fact they called us out on our bull shit and sorted what we have been fighting over in 2 mins was amazing lets be honest. My girls look exactly like Saoirse from the hair to their bone structure but they also have her beautiful green eyes, as for my son he is my double. Saoirse has raised our babies so well Im so proud right now. Oh and how could I forget we are having another one. I know its mine I just know before you ask. Im going to be a dad again. This time Im going to experience the whole journey with Saoirse and our kids. We need to be together. I have land I bought a few years ago theres a small house on it I could knock. I send off a quick email to my friend mark whos a contractor for his views and the views or a live in pool house. I head to my appartment to quickly shower. I want to get back to her before she wakes. Saoirse needs to know im not going anywhere. She texted earlier to say her sister in law with be her pregnancy doctor again. Im happy with that if she trusts her I will too. I only want the best for her.

I sneak back into the hospital after midnight. Saoirses fast asleep when I enter. I climb on the bed behind her I know im wrong but I need to feel her. I put my arm around her and place my hand on her stomach. She moves abit but stays asleep. I soon follow. A nurse wakes me around dawn coming in to check her vitals. I take this as a coffee run and check emails before we meet her other doctor.

3rd person prov

They are both sitting on the bad when Leah enters all smiles. Leah hugs Saoirse then introduces herself to Eoin and starts talking about her pregnancy readings and her monthly circle. As she knows for definate when she conceived the readings are high for a 3 week pregnancy. Leah then suggest they try an ultrasound only it would be an internal scan as 3 weeks is to early to pick up anything other than the womb preparing as the fertilized egg would still be in the tube. Eoin looks lost and pale not fully understanding whats been said but nods anyway. Leah leaves but returns a few mins later with a portable scanning machine. She preps Saoirse much to Eoins amazment.

Leah does her checks and tells them both that the womb is thickening nicely and that she will rescan in 3 weeks and gives a prescription for iron and folic acid before leaving.

After Saoirse gets the all clear and a list of does and donts they both leave the hospital in silence. It wasnt till they got to Saoirse house that Eoin spoke. "Saoirse id like yo ask you out on a date. Dinner maybe or whatever you like". Saoirse laughed but in a nervous way "Eoin I dont think we should date but I do agree to dinner with you to discuss whats going to happen with ours kids". Eoin nods and then smiles saying "it's a date so".

At dinner a few nights later they both discuss heated at times their kids and the future arrangements. Saoirse is adament that her and Eoin should remain friends but he disagrees. So they agree to a 5 date test. If she still feels the same after 5 offical dates they will be friends. He knows he will have her won over by then

3 weeks has passed and here they are in doctor Leahs clinic. The nurse has just finished taking info off of Saoirse and checking her vitals and weight. Saoirse is now lying on the bed waiting for Leah to arrive. Eoin is pacing not knowning what hes ment to ve doing. Once Leah arrives she tell Saoirse to lift her top and put the cold jelly on her tummy. She then proceeds to scan. Its taken longer than Saoirse remembers her ladt ones been and Leah has a cery worried look on her face. Saoirse asks Leah whats wrong only for Leah to smile and ask permission to do an internal scan to get a clearer picture Saoirse nods but starts to cry out if fear. Eoin grabs her hand when she looks uncomfortable and they just focus on each other for a few mins till leah lets out a big breath and starts to laugh causing both to stare at her then the screen. Saoirse gasps knowing full well whats on the screen. FUCK.