chapter 22 -

(Edited 3rd feb)

Eoins Prov

"God no no no no no please god above no Leah, please Leah she's ok, isnt she. No no she wouldnt leave me. She cant. For god sake Leah speak for crying out loud, your her doctor" I shout. Why is she just standing there looking at us all. Karl grabs hold of my arm more of a warning I think to back off but also to keep me rooted and himself. Leah takes a deep breath and turns to face me fully and starts talking.

Leah's Prov

I walk out with my team to meet the family. I'm the best in my field but today tested all that. I had to try save my sister and her babies. The doors slide open and I'm greet with Eoin pacing. He hasnt noticed me yet. He's chanting I can't lose her over and over with his back to me. How am I going to tell him, tell everyone this news. He turns and gasps. Everyone seems to notice me then. Im frozen in place they look so broken. I can feel the tears on my face. My mouth wont open. My chest feels tight. How do I say all this. Fuck leah come on breath. Eoin is shouting at me to be a doctor but why. Shit Leah your the doctor here pull yourself together. I take a deep breath look straight at him and my husband who has a grip on Eoin.

"Eoin and both families, Saoirse had what we call a placenta abruption as I explained earlier. As I had just scanned Saoirse 30mins before it happened and there was no indication of it and the fact she had lost alot of blood we went straight for option two which was an emergancy c section. This was done as we had to take action very early to ensure survival rates. We did lose Saoirsa on the table for no more than 20 seconds but shes a fighter. We are hoping Saoirse makes a full recovery. At the moment she is still under and in recovery she will be brought up soon. Eoin I need you to sit down and breathe ok. He looks at me and simple says "Leah what about our babies".

Eoins Prov

Leah's mouth is moving but I cant fully hear her. I just want to know how my Saoirse and my babies are. I hear lost her for 20 seconds, in recovery now and will be up to her room soon. Everyone lets out breaths but my heads spinning. Shes alive she didnt leave me, she tired but came back. Im wobbly. I hear Leah tell me too sit. As I head for the chair I realise she hasnt mentioned my babies. Leah what about our babies", I ask.

Leah looks at me sadly before composing herself back into the professional she is. "Congratulations Eoin you both had 2 sons but right now both boys are in the NICU unit as they are 8 weeks premature. They will require several weeks of specialized care. One of your little boys is smaller and weaker than the other. He is our concern at the minute. I can take you up to see your babies now for a few minutes if you would like" she asks. I simply nod. She tells the others they can come too but can only look  through the windows. Everyone agrees and moves after Leah but I can't move. I have 2 baby sons. We had boys. Keith appears beside me. Where, how its near 8 hours from Ireland.

Keith pulls me into a hug said he was already in Manhattan an was planning on surprising us tomorrow. I fall to pieces." I nearly lost her man" I cry. " I know man I know but you didn't lose her shes strong but now its time to be the stronger person she needs you to be because right now she and your kids are going to need you more than ever ok" he sniffs. Hes the only one who knows how much I truely love this girl. I try to tell him what happened but he said they heard it all as they was standing right here. I never noticed how didnt I notice. He then pulls me up and tells me its time to meet my boys. My Boys.

When I reach the NICU unit I see everyone looking through the glass. Leah is standing all gowned up and holding a gown which I'm guessing is for me. Once suited and booted I follow Leah into the room to my sons. I reach two incubaters. The boys are tiny. One been alot smaller and has more machines attached to him but they are beautiful and I can already tell they are going to look like their mam. Leah's explaining the wires and machines and telling me baby b is struggling but holding on. I think he is holding on to meet his mammy I inform leah who agrees. I tell the boys to keep fighting and to be strong like mammy. I tell them we love them and how happy we are that they are here. I tell them how pretty and kind their mammy is. I inform them how they have 2 sisters and 1 brother older than them waiting to meet them and how Kaiden was out numbered till they arrived and how happy he will be.

After been here over two hours Leah informs me that Saoirse is back in her room. I follow Leah out the up to room 307 and see my beautiful girl lying asleep on the bed. I run to her and place my head on her chest and cry so hard. I can't believe I nearly lost her today. I feel a hand rubbing my hair before I realise shes awake. "Hey handsome did you miss me" she asks. I look at her, kiss the life out of her and say "Marry me please".

Saoirse's Prov

I hear him enter the room, I feel him lying his head on my cheast and I hear him crying hard. My poor love sounds broken. It takes all my strenght to lift my arm to rub his hair. He looks up at me stunned. "Hey handsome did u miss me" I choke out. I need water badly. He just stares at me with so much love before he kisses me and he simply says "marry me please". I laugh  and stop when when my stomach hurts and see his face. My babies. Where's my babies. I turn back to Eoin to ask but he informs me that we had boys they are both in NICU as they were early. He tells me baby b is weaker and smaller but holding his own and that they look like me. 

I cry I want to see them but I dont ask as I know I cant right now I'm not strong enough to sit up let alone rush to the unit. He shows me pictures he took of them. He tells me how he thought he had lost me and that he loves me so damn much and from now on I am not allowed out of his sight. We decided that baby A who was 3lb 2oz and the olderest will be call Grayson Paul and baby B who was 2lb 1oz will be called Hunter Michael. Second names after grandparents. The door opens soon after and our families and friends arrive in a river of tears.