CHAPTER 29 ☂︎ YOUR VOICE

All of the Hargreeves, well except for Klaus who was upstairs doing whatever he does, and Y/n were gathered around one of the many TV's.

Vanya stood with her arms crossed in front of Luther who had his hands in his pockets. Five leaned against the rail of the staircase with his arms crossed as well. Allison was leaned on the rail, a couple steps above everyone. Diego was leaned against the rail across from the other rail that Allison and Five were against. Y/n sat on the last step with her arms rested on her knees.

They were watching the new spokesman speak about the assassination, "Authorities are asking for help identifying several persons of interest at Dealey Plaza at the time of the assassination. The FBI believes they may have been acting in concert with the alleged shooter, Lee Harvey Oswald." The man held up a picture of the man just stated.

He continued to speak, "Vanya Hargreeves, wanted in connection with the deaths of several FBI agents inside the federal building at the Dealey Plaza. A Cuban exile known only as Diego..."

"Cuban?" Y/n and Diego asked quietly.

"...who recently escaped from the Holbrook Sanitarium. A bare-knuckle boxer with suspected Mafia ties who fights under the alias 'King Kong.'"

Y/n let out a stifled laugh at the name. The reporter proceeded, "Allison Chestnut, a Negro radical responsible for instigating and organizing the recent riots at Stadtler's lunch counter. And finally, Klaus, the controversial cult leader and known tax evader."

"Guess Five and I did good, not getting involved in anything to mess up stuff." Y/n thought when the man started to speak again.

"The FBI is asking the public to be on the look for this unidentified boy and women," It showed Y/n and Five looking over the fence on the knoll, "who they believe are being held hostage by the suspected terrorist network."

"Spoke too soon." Y/n thought, nodding her head.

Five made a face, nodding his head slightly, "Well, it's true." He looked around at the group, the report continuing indistinctly, "I do feel like I'm being held hostage most days."

"God, I hate that photo." Diego spoke, shaking his head.

"They're saying I instigated the riot?" Allison scoffed, "That's unbelievable."

"Look," Luther put his hand to his brow, "the good news is that we restored the timeline and stopped doomsday. So..." He had a smile on his face.

"Yeah, a bunch of goddamn heroes." Diego spoke monotonously and sarcastically, "We let Kennedy die."

"Yeah, and now we're officially the most wanted people in the world." Allison stated.

"I like the sound of that, don't you?" Y/n paused, "Listen," She started again, standing up, "The timeline is not restored. This is not over till we go to where we're supposed to be, back in 2019."

"That is true." Five nodded along with Y/n.

"It's only a matter of time before they hunt us down here." Allison said, continuing her thought as Klaus walked to the stairs sleepily.

"Where are we supposed to go?" Vanya asked, getting an answer from Klaus.

"I have this yurt just outside Reykjavik. We could totally lay low there." He said, walking past the group, "Folks there are a little weird, but lovely."

"Hey, numb nuts." Five spoke up, "Hiding's not giving to make a difference here."

"He's right." Y/n agreed with Five, "If we want to be safe, we need to go to our timeline and that's only good from the FBI, police, and Secret Service."

Five continued, "The Commission will hunt us down wherever and whenever we go."

"They're right. They'll never stop." Diego approved, looking down at the floor.

Five gave him a confused look, "I'm sorry, since when are you an expert on the Commission?"

"Since they headhunted me." Diego answered, looking over at his brother, "They offered me a job. Full time with benefits, which I had to turn down."

"You were kidnapped by your 'friend'" Y/n put up quotations with her fingers, telling Diego, "and brought there because she's crazy, not headhunted. And of course the Handler did that, she's the Handler."

"She told me to tell you 'hi' if I ever saw you again." Diego squinted his eyes at Y/n.

"Ugh, fuck her." Y/n rolled her eyes, cursing.

"Diego, you're not Commission material, all right? Got an obstinate nature to you." Five told him, putting his hands in his short pockets.

"Who do you think it was that figured out Vanya was the one that causes doomsday and stopped it? Me."

"Actually, n–" Diego put his fingers to Y/n's lips.

Diego leaned down to level with his brother, taking his hand away from Y/n, "I figured it all out of the Infinite Switchboard."

Y/n grumbled, crossing her arms once again. "Little bitch."

"You were on the Infinite Switchboard?" Five questioned, not believing his brother.

"Hell, yeah." Diego exclaimed, "I made that machine my bitch." His voice started to change, sounding country, making Y/n cringe, "Y'all need to recognize I got shit going on y'all don't even know about."

"Oh, sorry." Allison cut in, "You've got thing going on?"

"This isn't helpful." Luther spoke quietly, walking away from the group. Vanya started walking towards the other staircase.

Diego continued to be loud, "Look, I met the Résistance in their secret lair. All right? I went through orientation and I passed and I stopped doomsday."

"Okay, look," Y/n put her hands up, in between the two, "This is going nowhere. Now, what the hell was that earlier. ' I made it my bitch.'" She recited his comment.

"I was speaking with words." Diego said sarcastically, motioning to himself.

"No, I mean, your voice."

"You love my voice." Diego told Y/n, making her roll her eyes.

She herself pushed away from the two, "Okay, then, you guys continue," She turned around, sitting down on the steps below Allison.