CHAPTER 20 ☂︎ POSSESSED HIM

"Look," Five spoke up, "forget about the president. We have a catastrophic war coming in five days. We need to figure out how to stop it."

"War? Men will always be at war with each other." Reginald stated.

"No, this isn't just some war. I'm talking about a doomsday."

"It's the end of the world." Y/n spoke, venom still laced in her voice.

"Well..." Reginald raised his arms up, gesturing to the group, "you're the special ones, aren't you? Why don't you band together and do something about it?" He clasped his hands together.

All of a sudden, Klaus raised both hands up in the air, shaking rapidly.

"Is he having a seizure?" Allison asked.

"Overdosing probably." Diego said, not even looking around at the group.

"Should we do something?" Luther questioned, looking at Allison.

"Klaus!" Five whispered, "Now is not the time. What are you doing?"

Klaus turned his head to Reginald, trying to get words out, "I'm..."

"Out with it, boy."

"Ben!" He shouted, falling out of his seat, shuddering.

"Ah," Y/n took a piece of the fruit on the table, plopping it in her mouth, "Ben possessed him."

"Well," Reginald started to gather his things, "thank you for coming. I've seen about enough." He stood up, stepping over Klaus.

Luther smashed his fists on the table, standing up. He ripped open his shirt, "Look at what you did to me." He shouted at his father, "Look at it!"

"Oh, shit. Why?" Five let out a breath, leaning back in his chair.

Reginald just looked at him, then pointed to Five, "You in the culottes. A word, in private?" He pointed to the door, walking away from the scene. Five following after him.

"Check, please." Allison raised her hand.

The rest of them went to the elevator, Y/n helping Klaus walk.

"Well, that went as well as any Hargreeves family function." Allison spoke, Y/n looking back at her, nodding her head.

Klaus sighed, "I feel so violated. I need an herbal bath. You had no right to possess me." Everyone looked down at Klaus, then to Y/n, who was smiling because she was right.

"Congratulations." Allison said to Luther, her heels clicking as she turned around slightly.

"For what?"

"I think that's the first time you've ever stood up to Dad." Allison smiled, nodding her head.

"Are you okay?" Vanya asked Diego.

"So much for having my back in there." He turned his head, looking down at his sister, "Team Zero, my ass."

"He doesn't mean it." Y/n told Vanya as the elevator dinged, the doors opening. They all walked out, heading towards the parking lot. "Hey, Diego, I would have done more, but I would have killed him. And there's not much to say to him." She confessed, looking down at the ground. She ran into him, he had stopped, looking at the car parked in front of the two. It was Grace sitting in the backseat.

"Diego, what are you doing?"

He walked closer to the car, knocking on the back window. He motioned for her to roll down the window as she said, "You two again? Why are you followin' us?"

Diego pulled the picture out of his back pocket, "I just wanna show you something."

Grace rolled down window a little bit, taking the picture out of his hands. She held it, studying it, "What is this?"

"Your boyfriend isn't the nice guy you think he is. Him and his nasty little squad of lizard people are planning to kill Kennedy the day after tomorrow."

"I don't understand."

"Diego, just come on." Y/n said quietly, grabbing his arm lightly.

"He is going to kill the president." Diego repeated in different phrasing.

"That's ridiculous. He would never hurt anyone." Y/n scratched her neck at her statement.

"What do you think he's doing here in Dallas? What do you think that whole meeting at the consulate was all about? It is a conspiracy. We have to stop him."

"You're mistaken."

"Don't take my word for it. Ask him yourself." Diego started walking away, Y/n following after him.

~

Y/n and Diego drove to Elliott's with Luther. They arrived at Elliott's. Diego threw the keys on the counter, starting to take off his over-shirt. Y/n noticed blood on the floor, "Boys."

The three walked closer the small puddle, Luther kneeled down placing a finger in the blood, "Shit."

"Elliott?" Diego shouted, getting Y/n's hand over his mouth. Diego pulled out a knife, going to check the bedrooms.

Luther and Y/n walked into the living area, seeing Elliott in the chair. "Diego?" Elliott had something stabbed in his eye and something stabbed in his chest. Diego and Y/n followed the trail of blood to the balcony, seeing 'Öga för öga' written in blood down below them.

"All right, guys, goodnight." Y/n headed towards the bedroom.