CHAPTER 31 ☂︎ BE INCLUDING

Y/n shaken awake by Diego as they pulled into the long driveway of Sissy's farm. She rubbed her tired eyes, sitting up straighter off of his chest. Y/n looked out the window, seeing a giant spinning cloud with lightning and snow coming down from it above the barn. Snow covered the barn and the radius around it. Everyone started to get out of the car, looking up at the cloud.

"You think whatever's going on inside is causing the cold front?" Diego asked, shutting the car door as Y/n stood next to him.

"Well, the correlation is high." Five answered, closing his door.

They watched as the barn door opened, a woman with a shotgun came out of it. Vanya shouted, "Sissy! Sissy!"

Sissy cocked the gun, shouting in her country accent, "Get back!" Sissy came closer towards the group, pointing the gun at them, "All of you, just get the hell back!"

"Sissy!" Vanya yelled once again.

Klaus was the only one the raise his hands in the air, "Hey! Hey!"

"What's wrong?" Vanya questioned, putting her hand in front of herself.

Sissy panted, "Carl."

"What did he do to you?" Vanya asked with an upset voice.

Sissy was breathing shakily, "He's..." She shook her head, "He's dead. Harlan tossed him aside like a rag doll, same way you sent those policemen flyin'. What did you do to him?"

"No–"

"What the hell did you do to my son?"

"She saved your son." Y/n answered Sissy, who gave her glance.

"We don't have time for this." Diego spoke, stepping closer towards the barn and Sissy.

Sissy pointed the gun at Diego, "Where you think you're going?"

"To help your son." Diego put his hand up, trying to calm her down.

"Look, Sissy," Vanya started, "I found my family." She turned slightly, motioning to the group, "These are my brothers and my sisters."

Luther nodded to Sissy, waving his hand slightly, "Ma'am."

Sissy put the gun down slightly, shaking her head, "Were you lyin' to me the whole time?"

"Of course not." Vanya took a small step forward, "Look, I didn't know who I was. But I do now. And we are not the monsters that they say we are. We did not kill the president. We are not terrorists. We're not here to hurt anyone."

"Then..." Sissy panted softly, "...who are you?"

"The only one who can help Harlan." Vanya answered, nodding her head once.

Sissy motioned to the barn, turning around to go back to it. Everyone else followed behind her. Vanya opened the door, rushing into the building. Everyone stood behind Vanya, keeping a good distance from the energy.

"Harlan!" Vanya shouted at the boy, who had a spiral of blue and orange energy surrounding him, "Harlan, it's Vanya! Look, Harlan, I know you're really scared, but I can help you! I need you to listen to me, okay? Can you do that?"

Vanya only got Harlan's gasping in return. She turned to look at Sissy, who nodded her head. A high-pitched noise was heard as Vanya looked back at the boy. She stepped into the energy spiral.

"Careful." Five told her. Everyone kept their eyes on the two in the spiral.

"Harlan? I don't know if you can hear me..."

"Guys?" Klaus got the attention of everyone as he was looking through the other door of the barn.

"What?" Diego asked as him and Y/n walked over to Klaus.

"You don't have to do this!" Y/n heard Vanya yell.

"Ah, shit." Diego cursed as him, Y/n, and Five looked outside. Two people were standing far away in the distance, staring at the barn.

"What, who are they?" Klaus asked as the rest of the Hargreeves joined around him.

"One's the Handler and the other is–"

Y/n cut off Five, "Diego's shitty little friend, Lila."

"That's my ex-friend." Diego corrected her, looking down at her.

"You know what? Doesn't matter. They both look angry." Luther stated.

"Yeah." Five said quietly, then spoke louder, "Y/n and I are gonna go find out what they want. You guys stay with Vanya and the kid." He turned around, Y/n doing the same.

"I'm coming with you, too." Diego said as he turned around, starting the leave the barn, "Come on."

As they walked closer and closer, Y/n could feel her chest getting tighter and tighter. She heard the giggle of the Handler, "I love the smell of that fresh country air, don't you, darling?"

"Makes me want to vomit." Lila answered.

"Ah! Y/n!" The Handler exclaimed, "I've missed you!" Y/n flipped her off, receiving a gasp in return.

The three stopped in front of the two, Five speaking, "What do you want?"

"To watch you suffer."

"I want to do the same to you," Y/n smiled at Lila, then at the Handler, "and you."

"You aren't worth my time." Lila snarled at the girl.

"Easy." The Handler cut in, "We're here on official business."

"And what business is that?" Five asked as so did Y/n.

The Handler smiled at the two speaking simultaneously, then answered, "As the head of the Commission, I've decided to eliminate the criminals responsible for the assassination of the former board of directors."

Y/n sighed, remembering when Five came in covered in blood. He killed the board, she just knew it.

"Yeah, right. We didn't kill the board."

"Uh, actually, Diego," Five spoke up, looking up at his brother and Y/n, "that's not entirely accurate."

"You didn't tell them. Oh, Five." The Handler poured her lip.

"Five," Diego turned his head, "what the hell did you do?"

"What I had to, to get my family home. Until somebody," Five emphasized, looking over back at the Handler, "reneged on our deal."

"Somebody wouldn't have reneged on the deal if somebody could've met a simple deadline. Alas." The Handler titled her head.

"You set me up to fail." Five let out a breath.

"You set yourself up to fail, friend. You and your brothers and sisters. And dear sweet Y/n here." Y/n growled at the Handler as she continued to speak, "Kinda the running theme of your little life, isn't it?" The Handler laughed.

"Dude," Diego spoke quietly, "I can't believe you killed the board of directors. You have no idea how messed up the Comission is right now."

"Messed up?" The Handler furrowed her brows, "Who's saying that?"

"Everybody." Diego answered, "Christ, even the janitors think it's going to shit.

"That's not all he killed." Lila spoke up.

"What are you talking about?" Five questioned. Y/n looked at the Handler, who looked like she was hiding something.

"Don't play dumb, you prepubescent piece of shit."

The Handler put down the suitcase, cutting off Lila before she could speak again, "Enough. The point is, all of you are going to die today. Hm?"

"Oh." Diego started, "Well, I don't like your chances. Eight of us, two of you."

Y/n counted in her head, thinking, "He must be including Ben too."

"You know, you're right. Let's change that." The Handler snapped her fingers. Hundreds of people from the Commission started to appear behind the Handler and Lila.