CHAPTER 16 ☂︎ THROUGH A ROUGH TIME

Y/n and Klaus had walked in the bar. They sat down at the bar and Klaus got himself a shot. He then walked to a picture hanging on the wall and Y/n sat on the edge of the pool table.

He started to talk to it, so Y/n decided to leave him be. "Hey, Dave." He put his hands on the picture and started softly crying.

"Hey, Y/n. I'm sorry about earlier. I'm just–" Diego had started apologizing.

Y/n had cut him off, "Going through a rough time. It's fine."

"So, what's up with him?" Diego motioned toward Klaus.

"I don't know." She shrugged, crossing her arms.

Diego walked over to Klaus, putting his hand on his shoulder.

Klaus sighed, "Just go away, please."

"Not until you talk to me." Diego looked at Klaus, who was wiping tears from his face.

"Is that a threat? You threatening me?" As Klaus said this, Diego took his hand off of his shoulder.

"Hey, guys." A veteran said, looking at Diego, Klaus, and Y/n. "This bar? It's for vets only."

"I am a vet."

"Really, Klaus? Just had to retaliate." Y/n thought. Diego and Y/n had looked at Klaus.

"Really?" The veteran chuckled, "Where'd you serve?"

"None of your business." Klaus spoke, still turned facing the picture.

"You got balls comin' in here, pretendin' you're one of us."

"Oh, I have every right to be here, just like you.
Asshole." Klaus turned around, raising his voice

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa." Diego put his hand out toward the veteran, "Hey. Slow down, Marine. All right? My brother's just had a few too many."

"So why don't we just call it a day and we'll go our own way." Y/n had hopped off the pool table.

"Sure thing." The veteran agreed.

"Thank you." Diego softly thanked him, then turned around toward Klaus, "Klaus–"

"As long as you apologize." The veteran spoke toward Klaus, earning a giggle from him.

"Fine. I'm sorry. He's sorry. We're all sorry. So... are we good?" Diego asked, cautiously.

"I wanna hear him say it." The vet pointed at Klaus.

"Hey, man, he's just trying to–" Y/n stood next Diego. Now, she was getting aggravated. She was ready for a fight.

"No, no. He's right, Y/n and Diego. He's right. He's right. I'd like to apologize..." Klaus started to apologize, "that you..." He walked closer to the vet, "are depriving some village of their idiot!"

The veteran tried to hit Klaus, but he ducked, then  he head-butted the guy. Diego started to fight a veteran. Y/n's fight wasn't much of a fight. A guy had ran towards her, but she electrocuted him. He fell to the floor and nobody else wanted to fight her.

~

"You got a big mouth, you know that?" Diego said. They were all sitting in Diego's car.

"Oh, wow. What a truly shocking revelation, Diego." Klaus sarcastically said.

"Everything's a big joke to you, right? Would you stop it?" Diego was trying to take the drugs out of Klaus' hand. "Why are you putting this shit in your body?"

"Check this out." Diego moved his jacket, patting his stomach. "My body is a temple. All that shit you do, it's just weakness."

"What the hell was that, Diego?" Y/n asked, recreating what Diego did by patting her stomach without lifting her shirt.

"Oh, wow, beautiful." Klaus pulled out another little bag of drugs. "Well, weakness feels so good."

"What's goin' on with you? Huh?" Diego hit him in the back of the head. Y/n was laughing in the backseat.

"Don't hit me, asshole!" Klaus got in Diego's face.

"Don't tell me everything is all right, because I saw you in there. You were crying like a baby!" Diego pointed to the other side of the street.

"Because I lost someone! I lost someone.
The only..." Klaus sighed. "The only person I've ever truly loved more than myself. Cheers." He swallowed a pill.

"Well, you're luckier than most. When you lose someone..." Diego paused, looking at his brother, "at least you can see them whenever you want." Y/n put a hand on both men's shoulders.

Diego looked in the rear view mirror, then turned around looking at Griddy's Donuts, "That's our man."

"Hey, I know that guy." Klaus has looked in the mirror and noticed Hazel.

"How could you possibly know that?"

"He and a really angry lady tortured me. I barely got out with my life." Klaus continued to look in the side mirror as he spoke.

Diego started the car, "We gotta get this guy."