CHAPTER 13 ☂︎ YOU START THE CAR

"Who were those people?" Vanya asked, grabbing a cloth from Allison.

"I don't know," Y/n and Allison said at the same time, Allison continued, "but we are lucky to be alive."

Y/n put a hand on Vanya's shoulder, "Are you sure you're okay?" Vanya nodded as Diego walked in.

Allison turned around, "Diego?"

"What are you still doing here?" Diego asked Vanya, slightly aggressive.

"I was just trying to help." Vanya quietly said, lowering her head.

"No, you could've been killed." He pointed at her, pausing, "or gotten any of us killed." He spoke softer. Diego pointed at Vanya, leaning in toward Allison, "She is a liability." Y/n swatted his finger away.

"Allison?" Vanya asked as Diego sat on the couch.

Allison looked down, thinking about what to say. She spoke after a moment, "I think what he is trying to say is that this kind of stuff is dangerous." She paused, "You're just—"

She was quickly interrupted by Vanya, "Not like you?" Y/n winced, not because of– well yes, because of the conversation. But also she realized that the adrenaline had worn off and her face and gunshot wound hurt.

There was a long pause before Vanya nodded, leaving the room. "No! That's not what I..." Allison stood up to follow her. "Vanya, wait!"

"Let her go." Diego started, "It's for the best."

After a couple of moments of silence, Y/n asked a question. "Where's Klaus?"

~

Y/n and Allison came back the Hargreeves' house the next morning. Y/n had cleaned her gunshot wound and bandaged it. Also cleaned her face. Allison pulled Y/n upstairs to look for Grace. They found Grace, not moving and her arm was cut open. Allison and her gasped, Y/n faking it.

"I have to go tell Luther, I'll be back." Allison passed by Y/n. Y/n nodded, leaning against the rail.

"Why did Diego do this?" Y/n started to think, "And I can't ask Allison why he would, I can't ask anyone."

Allison walked back in with Luther. Allison leaned against the rail next to Y/n as Luther kneeled down to Grace.

"The two guys last night, the ones with the masks..." Allison pauses, "they did this to her. It has to do with Five somehow." She stood up, walking toward him, then turned back around. "I mean, they were looking for him."

"I know, I was arguing to turn Grace off, but it doesn't make seeing her like this any easier." Luther quietly spoke.

"Poor Diego." Allison started to say as Luther started standing up.

"Yeah, poor Diego." Y/n acted sad for him. She kind of was sad for him, but she was more confused about him.

"I mean, this is going to be so hard on him." Allison finished.

"Yeah, it's hard for all of us." Luther started walking away.

"Luther?" Allison asked.

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay? You know you can talk to me."

"I don't want to discuss it." Luther slightly argued.

"I'll let you guys talk." Y/n walked passed Luther, going down the stairs. She walked into the kitchen, grabbing the peanut butter and spoon. She'd eaten half the container since she has met the Hargreeves. She put it away and walked outside, after she wrote a note on the container, 'Y/n's nut butter and I spit in it :)' She was going to just go on a walk. She walked and walked, looking around at the shops and streets. She found herself close to the prosthetics place, where Klaus had punched her. She felt someone grabbed her hand and then all of a sudden, she was in the passenger seat of a van.

"Hello, Y/n." Y/n turned her head towards the voice. It was Five.

"Five! I swear– ugh!" She put her head in her hands, the pointed at him. "Next time, you're fucking dead."

"Sorry, eesh!" Five leaned back. "I try to have a little fun."

"So? What's going on with this? The van?" She motioned her arms around, questioning.

"Come on, this will explain it." He grabbed her hand again, spatial jumping into another car. Five had jumped into the passenger seat and Y/n was in the back. It was the same doctor from the building in the drivers seat. There was a dog in the back seat as well.

Y/n kept pushing the dog away from her. Not that she didn't like dogs, she doesn't like foreign dogs she doesn't know.

He let go of her hand, grabbing a knife. He put it against the doctor's face, startling the doctor. "Oh, Jesus!"

"One chance. That's all you've got." Five started, holding the knife firmly on the doctor's neck. "One chance to tell me exactly what's going on in that lab."

"I– I manufacture prosthetic devices for fake patients. I bill the insurance companies and then sell them for cash - on the black market." Lance explained cautiously, because of the knife on his throat.

"Including eyeballs?" Five asked.

"Yeah, they're my biggest seller. I mean, they sell like hotcakes. I– I've got a list, a waiting list, probably 20 buyers."

"So, the serial number I told you..." Five was interrupted.

Lance finished. "Uh, could've already been bought. Yes, off off the books."

"I needed that list, Lance. Names and numbers, and I need it now!" Five demanded, tightening his grip on the knife.

"I don't have it. I mean, not on me. The only copy's in my safe at the lab." Lance explained quickly.

"Well, you start the car, then." Y/n spoke up, startling Lance. He didn't even know she was there.

"Cause' we're going on a field trip." Five continued, taking the knife off his throat.

"Okay."

"Now."

"Okay."

"Can I keep the dog?" Y/n asked, now adjusting to the dog. She was starting to like this one.