CHAPTER 1 ☂︎ ALLERGIC TO PEACHES

Y/n fell out of the blue light, falling onto rubble and burnt debris. She slowly starts to wake up, rubbing her head. She sits up, looking around at the destruction. Everything and everyone had been wiped out, Y/n could tell that lots of explosions had happened. She stood up, seeing nothing, but the aftermath of the explosions. Any sign of life was gone. She could see for miles.

She started walking, limping a little, the first thing she said, "Five, what the fuck did you do?" She continued to walk, trying to find something that would tell her when and where she was. She searched and searched, digging through the rubble.  After finding nothing, she went back over closer to where she had woken up at. She told herself that something was special about this spot, because she landed here and not somewhere else.

The sun was starting to go down, she sat down on the flat spot she made. "Well, shit. Eh," She laid back, adjusting her position, "someone will be here  for me soon, either someone I hate or someone I tolerate." She closed her eyes, hearing nothing, not even a breeze. She then fell asleep, dreaming about nothing in particular.

She awoke to a noise, sitting straight up, she looked around, seeing the sun had come back up. She felt a hand on her shoulder. Flipping the person over her shoulder, she stood up, getting into a fight stance, "Who are you?"

"It's Hazel." The man groaned, rolling over slowly.  He had gotten older, maybe twenty-something years older. His hair had turned grey. "I need you to come with me."

"Okay. Where are we going?" She said as she reached her hand out to help him up.

"To get Five." He answered, starting to set the briefcase to the time needed.

"Can I ask where and when we are right now before we go?"

"November 29, 1963. Four days after the end of the world." He said, putting his hand on her arm, making the briefcase travel them to the time where Five was.

She was confused. '1963?' The end of the world was supposed to happen in 2019.

They got to the right time.Hazel put his hand on Five before he jumped into the fight happening at the moment, "If you wanna live, come with me." Y/n looked around, seeing the Hargreeves fighting against soldiers.

"Hazel? Y/n?" Five asked, she waved, nodding her head. "What the hell's going on here?"

"There's no time to explain. Those are nukes, old timer." Hazel pointed up at the sky. Y/n realized that this is the start of the end, the war; a nuclear war.

"What about my family?"

"You can't save 'em if you're dead." Y/n put her hand on Hazel's shoulder as he spoke. Five looked up and around for a second, then grabbed Hazel's hand. The three traveled to another timeline, appearing behind a bus bench. They all looked around at their surroundings, Five then looking up at Hazel and Y/n, "Okay... What the hell was that?"

"The end of the world." Y/n crossed her arms, rubbing one with her other hand.

"November 25, 1963." Hazel said, looking down at the man-child.

"'63'," Five looked at the woman passing the three, then chuckled, "You know, Hazel, I'm no history buff, but I don't recall there being a nuclear holocaust."

"No shit."

"Can you explain to me why we are even in 1963?" Y/n asked, looking at Five.

"After Vanya destroyed the moon and then the world was coming to an end, I got all of us to go back in time, but I didn't mean to go back this far."

"So we all are in different timelines?" Y/n questioned, nodding to a bystander passing by.

"I think so, where did you go?"

"November 29, 1963. Four days after the apocalypse. Everything was destroyed. I was only there for a day, then Hazel got me. It seems like we brought the end of the world with us."

"Hazel, where are we now?" Five asked.

"Dallas. Same street." Hazel started, walking to the bus bench, "Ten days earlier. Plenty of time to restore the timeline and save them."

Five whispers, "Okay." Five and Y/n joined him on the bench. "So where do we start?"

"'We?' You're on your own, guys. I'm just here to keep a promise to Agnes." Hazel spoke solemnly.

"Is she...?"

"Dead?"

"Yeah." Five nodded.

"Cancer. Took her quick, but we had twenty good years together. I guess forever just wasn't in the cards."

"I'm sorry, Hazel." Y/n and Five both spoke softly. Five asked, "What about the Commission?"

"I quit those assholes, remember? I don't owe 'em the fuzz off my peaches."

"I'm allergic to peaches." Y/n said, quietly, gaining a look from Five. "Five," She partes his chest, motioning at the three guys all with blond-white hair.

"Well, who the hell are those guys?" Five stood up, Y/n doing the same. The three men pulling out guns from behind their back.

"Shit." Y/n heard Hazel say quietly. "Run!" Hazel shoved the briefcase into Five's chest. The men started shooting, Five falling backwards onto Y/n. Five spatial jumped out of there, Y/n and him appearing behind a car. Sparks could be heard from the briefcase, it was now ruined from the gunshots.

"How many times do I have to say bulletproof briefcases?" Five asked, looking up at the men, who were coming closer to the car. They started shooting at the car, Five put his hand on Y/n's shoulder, spatial jumping onto the roof of a building. They both laid there next to each, breathing heavily from the adrenaline. Five and Y/n slowly started to sit up. They stood up, walking a little before Five spatial jumped into an alley way. Police sirens were heard as they came by. Five and Y/n looked around, still walking through the alley.

"Who were those men? They don't look like Commission." Y/n rubbed her head, asking.

Five put his hand on her arm to stop her from walking, "Look up there." He pointed at the roof. Cameras were up there, pointed at the alley. They both walked towards the door, Y/n put her hand on Five's shoulder, knowing he'd spatial jump inside. They appeared on the stairs, walking up the stairs, reaching two doors.

Five adjusted his jacket before knocking on the door to the left. The right door opened, a man asking, "What do you want?" Y/n stood behind Five, not wanting her clothing to be seen. She had still had ashes and soot on her clothes.

"Hi, I'm selling encyclopedias for my youth group. I was curious if-" The man shut the door, not allowing Five to finish speaking. Five grabbed Y/n's hand, spatial jumping into the man's place.