CHAPTER 27 ☂︎ THAT BITCH

"You're really trusting Luther to talk to him, well yourself?" Y/n questioned rubbing her neck.

"Well, if he can, then..." Five scratched his neck, "he can."

Y/n rolled her eyes, putting her feet down off the table. She looked up to see older Five standing at his seat while Luther quickly came over to the table.

Five looked up from his beer, "We good?"

"We're good." Luther smiled, adjusting his jacket.

Y/n watched the two that had just came from the bathroom. She started to think, "There's probably no deal. Luther looks too suspicious."

"You got a deal. We gotta hurry. Kennedy's en route." Older looking Five spoke as the other Five stood up, "Less than an hour until showtime."

"Why are you so anxious to get going all of a sudden?" Teen Five questioned, making Y/n nod her head.

"Relax. You're getting paranoid." Adult Five motioned his head at the other Five.

Younger-looking Five let out a scoffing chuckle, "Oh, am I?" Both of them let out a fart, scratching their necks.

"Okay, let's roll." Luther quickly spoke, starting to go towards the front door, the older Five following after him.

Y/n stood up, looking over at the teen Five as he watched the two leave the building. Y/n and him started to follow the two others. She leaned over to speak to Five, "Something is up with them, right?"

~

The four of them were walking on a bridge. Y/n and teen Five walked behind Luther and adult Five by about fifteen feet.

Young Five turned around to yell at some bystanders, "What are you looking at? See something funny?"

Y/n grabbed his shoulder, pulling him along with her, "Come on." She looked ahead at Luther and the other Five, she saw Luther turned slightly as he walked, watching them.

"Mind your business!" Teen Five yelled as another passed by them, "Or I'll give you something to stare at!" He scratched his leg, then got turned around by Y/n.

"Five!" She whispered-yelled, "You can't be doing this. Focus on the task ahead."

Luther stopped walking to catch up with Y/n and the younger Five. Luther let out an upbeat chuckle, "Hey, brother. How you doing?"

"He's going to kill me, isn't he?" Five questioned, looking up at his brother, then at the other Five ahead of them.

"Knew it." Y/n said in a sing-song voice.

Luther had a scoffing laugh, "What? What, him?" He pointed ahead, "He's going to kill you?" He softly laughed, "Yeah, right. That's ridiculous."

"You know, you're a terrible liar, Luther." Five told him as they walked down the steps, "You're a worse liar than you are a spotter."

Luther put his index finger and thumb on the bridge of his nose, "Okay, whose fault is that? What good is having a spotter if you won't even listen to him?"

"So you admit you're conspiring against me?" Five asked gruffly and quietly.

"Do..." Luther started, "do you admit that you're suffering from paradox psychosis?"

"All I'm suffering from is bracing clarity about you and your murderous intentions." Five aggressively scratched his chest.

"Look, it's not like he's gonna kill you kill you. He just wants to kill a, um..." Luther paused, thinking of the right word, "version of you."

"But I am that version of me!" Five exclaimed, stepping down on the last step.

"Hey, I don't love it either, but he's actually got a pretty good plan."

Five started to aggressively scratch his chest again, "What? The one where you guys off me and then jump to 2019 to save the world?"

"Yeah," Luther agreed, "wait, how did you know that?"

"Because I'm him, and this is exactly what I would do if I were trying to kill me!" Five exclaimed angrily, moving his hair out of his face.

"Okay," Luther put his hands on his temples, "all I know is we've got one Five too many, and you're the one acting like a maniac."

"Maniac? Luther, you have seen nothing." Five widened his eyes at his brother, "If you want a maniac, I'll show you a maniac."

"Okay, as your spotter, I think the best thing I can do for you right now is put you out of your misery." Luther pointed at Five.

Y/n put her hand the boy's shoulder, then looked up at the tall man, "Luther, the faster we get the other one into 2019, the faster this one," She motioned to the boy next to her, "will stop acting like this. So if we stick to our plan, everything works out exactly like it's supposed to."

"But—"

"Okay, Luther," Five stopped walking and grabbed Luther's arms, "listen. I know your feeble mind only responds to age and authority, so listen very closely. Yet again, you are experiencing daddy issues," Y/n chuckled quietly at Five's comment as he poked Luther's chest, then adjusted his jacket, "this time with your own brother, which honestly is making me a bit crazy."Five spat out, his veins popping out a little in his neck.

He continued, "But remember this! I'm 14 days older than him. I have seniority here. So it is me you should be listening to, Luther. I'm the daddy here!" Five shouted, making the bystanders whispering and look strangely at the three.

Luther chuckled, looking at the person as they passed, "How's it going?" He leaned down, speaking softly, "Five, please, you're being unseemly." He put his arm around Five's back, "Look at you."

Five had his hand on the back on his neck, "I admit there is a possibility that I may not be in my fully..." He motioned with his hand, "right mind right now."

"Okay, good." Luther nodded.

"But whatever I've got, he's got it too." Five pointed at his older self ahead of them.

"What?"

"Luther, you are so dumb." Y/n shook her head, speeding up to catch up to the younger Five.

"You three quit grab-assing." The older Five called out to them, "We're here." He stepped closer to the corner of the fence, setting down his two briefcases. He bent over, farting, starting to open up one of the briefcases.

Luther looked over at the boy and woman, speaking softly, "Flatulence. Stage four."

"See?" Five took his hand down from the back of his neck, "What's your plan now, bucko?" He clasped his hands together, then farted. "That was just lunch, all right? Shut up." He turned around, slowly stepping away.

Y/n sat down on the ground, next to one of the parked cars. She leaned her against the door, thinking to herself, "I wonder how everyone else is doing? Are Vanya, Allison, and Klaus okay? What about Diego? That bitch, Lila, took him to see my old boss."

She looked down at the pavement, "Now that I think about it, I remember Lila saying something about her mother. Is the Handler her mother?" She looked up at the sky, then shook her head, "No, there's no possible way. Well, there could be a slight chance."