CHAPTER 18 ☂︎ EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE ENDS

Diego, Klaus, and Y/n were driving down a road in an ice-cream truck. Diego was in the passengers seat, Klaus was driving, while Y/n sat in the floor in between the both. Y/n and Klaus were begging to turn on the ice-cream music.

"Please, Diego!" Y/n was begging, "It'll be funny and it'll lighten the mood."

"Yeah, what she said!" Klaus motioned toward her.

"Yeah, turn it on." Diego smiled at her and Klaus. They continued to drive with the sound of the ice-cream truck music. As they drove passed Five and Luther, Klaus waved at them. "Go faster!" Diego yelled, his plan was to run Hazel and Cha-Cha over. Or at least hit them. They had hit Hazel and Cha-Cha and their car.

"Come on. Come on." Klaus said, as him and Y/n were helping Diego out of the truck.

"Wait. My shoes hurt." Diego spoke, holding his side.

"That makes no sense." Y/n said as she looked at Diego, then at Cha-Cha.

Luther ran over to them, "What the hell are you guys doing here?" Luther said as he sat in the driver's seat. "Get in the car."

Klaus was in the passenger seat while Y/n and Diego sat in the back. Five was no where to be seen. Y/n was trying not to touch Diego's wound. "Luther, go! Go! Let's go!" Klaus yelled, then turned around as much as he could to flip off Hazel and Cha-Cha. They quickly drove away on their way back to the house.

~

𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝟖:𝟏𝟓𝐚.𝐦.

"Three days?" Allison asked as she gave a coffee to Diego and Y/n.

"That's what Five said." Luther said taking a seat on a stool.

"The old bastard did mention the apocalypse, come to think of it." Klaus took the coffee from Allison, "He just left out the part about how soon."

"But can we trust him?" Allison was being skeptical. "I don't know if you've noticed, but Five's a little.." She whistled while making a motion with her hand around her ear.

Klaus chuckled, "Our little psycho."

"He was pretty convincing. If he wasn't trying to stop an apocalypse, those lunatics wouldn't be chasing him." Luther explained, looking around the room at the faces of everyone.

"That's why they were after him?" Diego questioned.

"Yeah." Luther said, quietly.

"What did Five even see?"

"Uh..." He was avoiding what Five, Y/n and him had talked about, "Apparently, we all fought together against whoever was responsible." Luther explained, briefly. He clicked his tongue, standing up, "Okay. So, here's the plan. Uh, we go through Dad's research–"

"Wait, what?" Allison was confused. "Hold on, hold on."

"Wait a tick, wait a tick, wait a tick." Klaus was also confused. "What actually happened the first time around?"

"Yeah. What are you not tellin' us?" Diego asked, confused. Y/n wasn't confused, but she was remembering. "Come on, big boy, spit it out."

Luther sighed, looking down at his coffee, "We died." He took a sip.

"What was that?" Allison turned her head to listen better.

"He said, we died." Y/n said as everyone turned to look at her.

~

"No, we need to figure this out." Diego said, as they were all crowding around a table.

"Is it just us?" Allison asked.

"It's everybody." Luther answered.

"In the house? The whole planet?" Allison was still not understanding.

"If the world ends, everything and everyone ends. We need Vanya and Five's help with this." Y/n spoke, looking up to see Vanya and some man.

"Hey." Vanya said quietly, but loud enough for everyone to hear. "What's going on?"

Allison looked up at Luther, then back at Vanya. "It's a family matter."

"A family matter. So you couldn't bother to include me." Vanya looked at Allison.

"No, it's not like that. We were–" Luther tried to explain.

"Don't let me interrupt." Vanya started walking away.

"Wait," Allison walked quickly over to her. "I'll fill you in later when we're alone."

"Please, please, don't bother. And I won't either." Vanya looked up at Allison, Vanya's friend standing behind her.

"Vanya, that's not fair." Allison was still trying to reason with her.

"Fair? There's nothing fair about being your sister. I have been left out of everything for as long as I can remember. And I used to think it was Dad's fault, but he's dead. So it turns out you're the assholes." Vanya walked away, her friend following behind.

"She's not wrong..." Y/n mumbled to where no one heard her.