CHAPTER 24 ☂︎ STUPID, STUPID HANDS

AGE 𝟏𝟕 — YEAR 2006

"Y/n, get up." Ms. Patel sung softly, "Breakfast is ready."

Y/n rolled over, her eyes still shut. She could still feel Ms. Patel's presence. She rolled back over and sat up. "Why are you still in here?" Y/n asked groggily. She noticed Ms. Patel in a black dress with a green silk belt. It was strange, very strange. She always wore her classic 'maid' outfit and no makeup.

"Because I want to make sure that you wake." She stood there, waiting on Y/n.

"Well, I'm awake. I'll be there in a couple of minutes." Y/n said groggily. She stood up, walking to the door.

"Hurry. Your father has a surprise." Patel smiled, walking out the door as Y/n closed it behind her.

"Okay. That was weird." Y/n thought to herself. She walked over to her closet and grab her suit. The only outfit she owned, besides pajamas. She put it on and then sat on her bed for a minute.

"Just one more year till I leave. Of course, with a new identity." She thought as she stood up. She walked downstairs and into the dining room.

"Y/n! Finally! Come and sit." Her father motioned to the seat across from Ms. Patel, happily. That was strange. Father was happy and Ms. Patel was sitting at the table. She was never allowed to sit at the table. No one was, but Mr. L/n and Y/n. Father was never happy.

"Not to be rude, but why is she sitting here?" Y/n took a seat slowly, "No one ever sits here but us."

"That's what I want to explain," He looked at Ms. Patel then at Y/n. He spoke with an upbeat sound, "but first, eat."

Y/n ate quickly. She wanted to know what this was about. She noticed that her father and Ms. Patel kept looking at each other. They were smiling at each other. "Okay!" Y/n stood up abruptly, "What's going on between you guys? I don't like it! You can't replace mother!" She yelled at her father.

"I'm sorry, but it's not your decision. I am marrying her." He stood up, taking Ms. Patel's hand in his. She saw the engagement rings on their hands.

Now Y/n noticed how close they had been these last couple months. How they would sit on the sofa and talk for hours. How they would go into each others rooms. Why has she never thought about it all?

"You bastard! You can't just forget about mother!" Y/n screamed at him.

"Now, now. Calm down. I could never forget about her," He sat back down, still holding her hand, "I've just found new love."

"You can't." Y/n was on the verge of tears.

"I wouldn't have had to if you weren't born! She would of still been here if it weren't for you!" He screamed as tears ran down his face.

Y/n ran upstairs to her room while choking on her tears. She slammed her door, then slid down the door onto the floor. She leaned her head on the door.

"He's right." She stood up as she wiped away some tears. "If I wasn't born, she would still be here. I wouldn't have killed so many people. He would happy. My mother would be fine. They would be together and having adventures." She thought as she grabbed a blade from her suit.

She stood there, contemplating. She held the knife up to her chest. She was thinking about how she was useless. How she should just end it all now.
She screamed as she threw the knife at the wall. She laid on her bed, crying. She cried herself to sleep.

She awoke to her door opening. She looked out her window, it was dark. She looked around the room for the person who entered her room. Suddenly a knife was against her throat. She then electrocuted the person to death. She could smell the burning flesh. She turned on her lamp, seeing that it was her father who had tried to kill her. Her throat was bleeding slightly where the knife had been.

She sat down next to his body, sniffling, "I never meant to hurt you. I never meant to hurt mother. I'm sorry..."

She called the police and some news broadcasters to come to the house. They showed up and Y/n walked outside.

"Everyone! I am Y/n L/n. My father, Greg L/n, has kept me hidden for years. He made me a horrible person. A killer. I just want to say that he made me do all of it and I didn't want to. I was scared. I was scared to say something about what I did. I'm Electro. I am truly sorry. But what has happened tonight, my father tried to kill me in my sleep. I was scared and accidentally killed him." Y/n turned to the police as tears were streaming down her face.

"We need to take yo–" One officer spoke as she got into the police car, without them even finishing the sentence, and shut the door.

~

"So how did you kill him? Because the body is burnt to a crisp." An officer questioned while Y/n sat in the chair with tears starting to form.

"I electrocuted him."

"With?"

"Myself. My body. My hands." She answered, then started to mumble. "My stupid, stupid hands."

"Okay. You go to court next week for trial. You will be staying here in one of the cells." He paused, looking at face. He saw how broken she was. "Listen, kid. I saw on the TV about how he made you do that killing. It's all about truth. I have a feeling that you will win the trial. I trust that you that you are telling the truth about how that. Just don't give up on hope."

"I've given up on everything..."