CHAPTER 3 ☂︎ MOMMY'S BOY

Everyone went outside to start the funeral. It was pouring down. Y/n stood in between Allison and Diego. Diego had given Y/n his umbrella, after she protested, so he was getting soaked.

"Did something happen?" The Hargreeves' mother asked. She was created by their father. She is an extremely, realistic-looking robot named Grace.

Allison had to remind her, "Dad died, remember?"

"Oh," Grace paused, "yes, of course."

"Is Mom okay?" Allison asked worriedly.

Diego, who was soaked in rain, nodded. "Yeah, yeah, she's fine." He looked at his Mom. "She just needs to rest, you know, recharge."

Y/n elbowed him lightly, "Mommy's boy." Diego glared at her, swatting her arm away. When Y/n looked up, she saw a monkey. His name is Pogo, the Hargreeves grew up with him. Allison had explained this to her a while ago.

"Whenever you're ready, dear boy." Pogo nodded toward Luther, who was holding a jar of his father's ashes.

Luther opened the jar, pouring the ashes into one pile. "Probably would have been better with some wind."

"Does anyone wish to speak?" Pogo asked, looking at all of the siblings. Everyone stayed silent. "Very well." He started, "In all regards, Sir Reginald Hargreeves made me what I am today. For that alone, I shall be forever in his debt. He was my master and my friend, and I shall miss him very much. He leaves behind a complicated legacy-"

Diego interrupted him, "He was a monster." Klaus laughed at Diego's comment. "He was a bad person and a worse father. The world's better off without him."

"Diego." Allison said sternly, Diego ignored her.

"My name is Number Two. You know why? Because our father couldn't be bothered to give us actual names. He had Mom do it."

"Would anyone one like something to eat?" Grace asked, oblivious to what was going on.

"No, it's okay, Mom." Vanya responded.

"Oh, okay." Grace replied.

'There'ssomething wrong with her. Or because she is a robot, maybe that's how she always acts. No. Couldn't be. Allison acted weird about her.' Y/n thought.

Diego continued, "Look, you want to pay your respects. Go ahead, but at least be honest about the kind of man he was."

"You should stop talking now." Luther spoke, starting to defend his father.

Diego looked at him, "You know, you of all people should be on my side, Number One."

"I am warning you." Luther threatened.

"After everything he did to you," Diego walked closer toward him, speaking menacingly, "he had to ship you a million miles away."

"Diego, stop talking." Luther said harshly.

Diego still continued, "That's how much he couldn't stand the sight of you!" Luther went for a punch, Diego ducked. Luther tried to hit him again and Diego backed away. Vanya led Grace away from the fight.

"Y/n, could you do something?"  Allison asked.

"Yeah, but in a minute. I want the fight to get a little better first." Y/n said smirking, crossing her arms.

"Boys, stop this at once!" Pogo yelled, they ignored him.

"Stop it!" Vanya yelled, and they continued to fight.

Pogo and Five turned around to leave. Klaus kept yelling, 'Hit him, hit him!' over and over again. Luther was about to hit the statue of their deceased brother. Y/n shocked him slightly before he could do any damage. She looked back at the boys, because Vanya was yelling about Diego. Diego had taken out one of his knives, about to throw it at Luther.

Y/n shocked both of them. Luther ran inside as she thought 'What a big baby, literally.' Allison went inside after thanking Y/n.

Vanya walked over to Diego, asking, "You never know when to stop, do you?"

Klaus went over to him as Diego spoke, "You got enough material for your sequel yet?" He was referring to her book.

"He was my father too." Vanya walked away, taking Grace inside with her. Klaus stood in front of the wet pile of his ashes, smoking a cigarette.

Diego walked closer to Y/n, "Thanks for saving my brother's statue. But not for electrocuting me."

She stared at him, "You're welcome, for both."

"Why'd you stop me?"

"Because you don't bring a knife to a fist fight." Y/n stared, starting to walk inside. Diego followed.

~

Y/n, Allison, and Klaus watched Five search the whole kitchen. Allison gave Y/n some marshmallows, since they hadn't eaten since this morning besides the three spoonfuls of peanut butter Y/n had.

"Where's Vanya?" Allison asked, handing Y/n another handful of marshmallows. Klaus stole a couple from her hand.

"Oh," Klaus stole one more before putting his feet on the table, "she's gone."

"That's unfortunate." Five spoke.

"Yeah." Klaus held an electric guitar close to him.

"An entire square block," Five looked at them, "forty-two bedrooms, 19 bathrooms, but no, not a single drop of coffee."

"Dad hated caffeine." Allison said.

"The fuck? How?" Y/n asked jokingly. Allison shrugged her shoulders in a 'I don't know' motion.

"Well, he hated children, too, and he had plenty of us." Klaus laughed sarcastically.

"I'm taking the car." Five said while rolling his eyes. "Y/n, come with me."

"Why?" Y/n asked, he ignored her.

"Where are you going?" Klaus asked, putting down his guitar.

"To get a decent cup of coffee." Five sounded annoyed.

"Do you even know how to drive?" Allison crossed her arms.

"I know how to do everything."

Y/n looked up at the boy and he was gone. She turned to look at Allison and Five was next to her. She jumped, accidentally shocking him. He whispered in her ear, "I'll be at Griddy's Doughnuts." He then disappeared.

"I feel like we should try and stop him," Klaus stood up, "but then again, I also just kind of want to see what happens." Klaus was silent for a minute and then spoke again, "I think Five has a crush on Y/n." She rolled my eyes at his comment. They all stopped chuckling when they heard a car start, then started chuckling again.

Y/n grabbed some more marshmallows. Diego started to speak, "All right, I guess I'll see you guys in, what, ten years?" He paused, stealing some of Y/n's marshmallows. "When Pogo dies?" She swatted his hand away, making marshmallows fall on the floor.

"Not if you die first." Allison replied.

"Yeah, love you too, sis." He said sarcastically, stealing more marshmallows from Y/n. "Good luck on your next film. Hope it turns out better than your next marriage, huh."

Allison started to walk away pulling Y/n's hand. Y/n stopped her, "Hold on, I want to say bye." Allison was confused. "Bye, Diego, see you in ten years." Y/n stuck her hand out, he grabbed it, shaking it.

"Bye." He was about to pull away when she started to electrocute him, only slightly. She let go, going back to Allison. She took Allison's arm in arm, leaving the kitchen. Klaus was bursting with laughter. Diego still stood there, then yelled at Klaus to shut up.