Chapter Thirty Four

"You really need to stop embarrassing me at every one of my work functions." Gwen Evans said annoyed. Jared Evans gave his wife a sly grin.

"It wasn't that bad, love." He said turning their car onto Privet Drive. Gwen let out a groan and placed a hand on her face.

"You're not in school anymore, Jared. You can't go pranking my colleagues. You're thirty six not ten. Need I remind you that you're married and have a child."

"I was only making those poor kids laugh. You work in a hospital, dear. There  are so many kids there. If I-" Jared quickly short stopped causing the car to skid a little. The expression on his face changed as he reached for his mahogany wand. Something he hadn't really used in close to fifteen years.

"Jared, Jared what's wrong?" Gwen inquiried nervously, gripping the laurel wood wand in her pocket.

"Stay here." He said as he exited the car. He headed up the path to his home. His heart beat began to pick up as he made his way to the door with his wand out. An evil laugh was heard ringing through the house. Jared recognized that laugh. It belonged to his best friend's deranged cousin.

"Stupify."  He yelled as he entered the living room causing a startled death eater to go flying across the room. The other two death eaters turned around surprised that this supposed muggle home was actually the home of wizards. They both raised their wands at him. Jared deflected their on coming curse and fired another powerful stunner at them.

"Why are you guys always going  after my kids?" He demanded as he battled them. Jared was quite surprised that he was actually holding up pretty good against them. After all he hadn't used magic in literally fifteen years. The battle soon made its way outside.

Bellatrix Lestrange looked at him surprised to see him alive. He was supposed to be dead. She raised her wand to fire the death curse only to be blasted by a powerful stunner followed by a confundís charm by a young woman who looked almost identical to him.

"Nice one, James." A voice behind him said.

"Sirius." He whispered turning around to see his brothers Sirius Black and Remus Lupin joining the fight.

"How'd you know?" He asked.

"You would not believe me if I told you." Sirius replied deflecting a spell.

"Enough with the chit chat boys, focus." The young woman yelled using wandless magic to knock out two death eaters.

"Who's she and why does she look like me?" James/Jared demanded.

"I'll explain everything later. Once we take care of these clowns." The woman replied.

"You tell 'em sis."

"Remmy, what the bloody hell are you doing here?" The woman demanded.

"Language."

"Really uncle Charlie. Really." The woman said, shaking her head. It took them a while, but they managed to hold off the death eaters causing them to flee.

Gwen came running up to them.

"My baby? Where's my baby?"

"It's alright sis, she's fine."

"Theo." Gwen breathed. Theo Nott gave his older sister a warm smile and handed her a little bundle. Gwen let out a sigh of relief.

"Would someone please tell me what is going on?" James demanded.

"We need to get you to headquarters." Sirius said.

"Headquarters? Why on earth would we need to go to headquarters?"