Chapter Four

I do not own Harry Potter or any books, tv shows and anything else that pops up

A few days later was quidditch tryouts.To everyone's shock Iris had somehow managed to somehow convince the head of her house, McGonagall, to get her a broom. She showed up at the quidditch pitch holding her brand new Nimbus Two Thousand and One.

"I don't know how she does it." She overheard someone say.

"Why hello flower, what position are you trying out for on this lovely day?" Fred asked, coming up beside her.

"What do you want Weasley?" She demanded crossing her arms.

"I was just asking a simple question." Fred said, pretending to be hurt.

"Sure you were. And I have a name you know." She said slightly annoyed.

They were interrupted by Oliver Wood, the gryffindor captain.

"... Just because you made the team last year doesn't mean you'll make it this year. With that said, everyone mount up."

Iris mounted her broom and flew up next to the others trying out for chaser.

Iris was the first to grab the quaffle and it didn't take long for the others to see that she was a natural. It was quite amusing to her that she was doing quite well even though she had never played quidditch before, let alone been on a broom.

"Oi Weasley, just because you like me doesn't mean you have to miss on purpose. Aren't you supposed to be a beater not floating in the sky like wasted space?" She yelled over to Fred causing his face to turn as red as his hair. Fred muttered something under his breath and aimed the next bludger at her which he missed by a mile.

"You call that good? A toddler could hit better than that." Iris taunted scoring another goal. She grabbed the quaffle out of an unsuspecting Angelina's hand and proceeded to head towards the goal. For the rest of tryouts it became a competition between Iris and Fred.

"You need to put a little more strength behind that hitting." Iris called to him as she threw the quaffle past Oliver scoring another goal. By now Fred was fuming. This time he aimed a perfect hit causing Iris to fall off her broom, but to everyone's surprise Iris with some stroke of luck did some crazy gymnastic move to get back on her broom. Iris smirked as she grabbed the quaffle again.

"You've got to do better than that." She snickered as she flew past Fred. Oliver finally had enough. He called time and turned to Iris.

"Out." He ordered.

"Me? What did I do?" Iris asked innocently.

"This is supposed to be tryouts. Not a competition between you and Weasley."

"Fine." Iris grumbled, dismounting her broom.

"Now that I'm not flying up there, who's going to keep you on top of your game?" She asked.

"Evans, I asked you to leave." Oliver said, annoyed.

"Fine, just try not to hurt yourself with that bat of yours." And with that she turned on her heels and left.

Iris was a little surprised when she saw she had made the team. She turned away from the list.

"Can I help you Weasley?" She asked, annoyed when she found Fred standing there.

"Well I wanted to congratulate you on making the team."

"And?" She asked, narrowing her eyes.

"Well, the first Hogsmeade weekend is coming up?"