Chapter Eighteen

"I have to say that this one interesting Christmas." Harry said when they got to platform nine and three quarters.

"You could say that again." Iris said.

"Yes it was. I've never seen Kreacher act nice to anyone who did not believe my mother's ideologies." Sirius said, giving her a look.

"I told you to be nice to him." Iris reminded him.

"He's only being nice to you because you gave him some of my mother's hideous jewelry that you found."

"You're just jealous." Iris said, crossing her arms.

"You two are seriously arguing about this." Harry said, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes he's a good for nothing house elf. She should not be giving him gifts."

"You better not let Hermione hear you. She'll send SPEW after you." Iris stated.

"What?" Sirius inquired confused.

"I don't know. Some crazy thing Hermione came up with." Iris replied.

"Harry you have very interesting friends." Sirius said bluntly.

"Well we could say the same for James." Iris shot back. Sirius glared at her. The train whistle blew alerting everyone that the Hogwarts Express was about to leave.

"Iris, let's go, the train is about to leave." Harry said, grabbing onto his sister's arm. He began to drag her towards the train.

"Don't forget to write." Sirius called after them.

"You really need to stop doing this." Harry said once they were on the train.

"I can't help it, Harry." She sighed.

"You need to try. You've been really reckless lately and if you're not careful you might cause someone to get hurt."

Iris looked down at the floor.

"Look, I'm sorry I keep yelling at you. You're my sister and I can't bear to see you hurt. I'd do anything to protect you." Harry said, bringing her into a hug.

***

The day of the second task finally came along.

"Iris, have you seen Ron or Hermione?" Harry asked.

"No, but I'm sure they'll turn up." Iris said calmly. She knew they're disappearance had to do with the second task. As she made her way to the Black Lake she stopped short.

"Harry, what's Charlie doing here?" Iris asked.

"He took some time off to come watch me." Harry replied.

"He's still trying to figure out how I tame that dragon." She said looking over in Charlie's direction. She saw him talking to her friend Katie Bell. Charlie looked in her direction and made eye contact with her then turned back to Katie saying something to her causing her to laugh.

"How are you not worried about Fred?" Harry asked.

"I told you everything is going to be fine." Iris said. Dumbledore began to speak about how the champions had something taken from them and that they had an hour to retrieve it. Iris casted a bubble charm around her head and dove into the lake.

It took a while, but Iris finally found Fred and the others. Cedric was the first one up with Cho. Harry would have been behind him, but he went to rescue Fleur's younger sister. Iris used a spell to cut Fred free. She then kicked off to the surface with Fred in toe.