Chapter Thirty Seven

"I can't believe I have to go back this year." Iris thought dryly. Once again it was September first meaning that it was the beginning of a new school year. Fred literally had to drag her out of bed that morning.

"I'm up, I'm up." She said annoyed. Iris rubbed her eyes, let out a yawn and headed to the bathroom only to be met with confetti and glitter.

"Happy Birthday!"

"GEORGE FABIAN WEASLEY I'm going to kill you." Iris yelled. George took off running with Iris hot on his trail.

"HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU DON'T MESS WITH ME UNTIL I HAD MY COFFEE,  ESPECIALLY ON MY BIRTHDAY."

"I'm sorry." George said as the two of them took laps around the table. Fred just stood there laughing with a bucket of popcorn in his hand.

"Fred, help me." George pleaded.

"Nope."

"Oh, come on, you're the worst brother ever."

Fred let out a dramatic gasp.

"I'm insulted." He said, placing a hand over his heart. Just then Harry, Remmy and Theo flooed into the apartment.

"Do I even want to know?" Harry asked, raising an eyebrow as he watched his sister chase George around the table in amusement.

"THIS IDIOT DECIDED TO PRANK ME, ON MY BIRTHDAY, BEFORE I HAD MY COFFEE."

Remmy reaches over to take some popcorn. Fred slapped his hand away.

"No touchy." He said only to be met by a harsh growl. Fred jumped,  spilling half the bucket of popcorn.

"I forgot about your whole werewolf thing. You made me lose half my popcorn." He grumbled. Remmy just gave him a sly grin with a hint of fang and his eyes glowing. Fred swallowed hard and backed away from the young werewolf right into Iris's and George's path.

There was a loud crash, a tangle of limbs, the rest of the popcorn going flying and to make matters worse the now empty bucket hit Remmy hard in the face causing him to shift. Fred let out a yelp and hid behind George using him as a shield while George was using Iris as his shield.

"Really you two." Iris said out of the corner of her mouth while yelling at Remmy.

"Calm down you overreacting ball of fur." That did it. Moony jr sprang forward and grabbed his sister's hair in his mouth.

"Ow, ow, ow. Fred do something." She yelled.

"Me!?! George is closer." Fred exclaimed. He gave George a push.

"Thanks, you backstabbing traitor."

"What in the world is going on over here!?!" A voice in the doorway demanded. Remmy let go of his sister's hair and tried to hide behind her.

"Why is everyone using me as a shield? You lot are supposed to be Gryffindor, now man up." Iris admonished them moving to the side.

"What the bloody hell is going on? Who is an animagus that I don't know about?" James said horrified. Everyone knew the consequences of being an illegal animagus. They immediately found an interesting part on the floor or the wall to concentrate on.

"You know Forge, I was thinking we should paint the walls a bright cheery yellow." Fred randomly piped up, breaking the awkward silence.

"Yellow? I was thinking black, you know to cover up all the blood and guts that's about to go down."

"I'm going to go use the loo." Iris said quickly, backing out of the room.

"Young lady, you get yourself back in here." James yelled after her.