Chapter Seventeen

The night of the Yule Ball finally arrived. Iris stepped out of Gryffindor tower and headed down to the "ballroom". Even though she knew it was the nineties she couldn't bear to dress herself in those hideous gowns, so she chose a twenty first century look.

Fred paced the entrance to the Great Hall all nervous.

"Uh, mate you might want to hold onto her the whole night." George said. Fred looked at him confused.

"What on earth are you talking about?"

"Just turn around."

Fred did as his brother said and his jaw dropped.

Iris was wearing a long red wine dress that clung to her every curve. The dress had a deep plunging v down the front and long sleeves. She was wearing a simple silver chain resting on her collarbone and silver drop earrings. As for her make up no one had seen in that time period yet. She had a natural brown smokey eye with a gorgeous red lip. Her once messy, untamable hair was now beached, waved and spilled over her shoulders.

"Fred, close your mouth you don't want to let flys in." She said.

"I'm in deep trouble." Fred said in a low voice to George when he saw everyone's eye on her. She looked dropped dead gorgeous.

"Better keep an eye on my sister, Fred." Harry said in a low deathly voice. Fred swallowed hard and walked over to her.

"May I present your champions." McGonagall said. The doors to the Great Hall opened and one by one the champions entered with their dates.

"I half expected Cesar Flickerman to be waiting in here for interviews." Iris said jokingly to Fred. He gave her a confused look.

"Sorry, wrong century." Iris apologized as they danced.

"What?" Fred said, completely baffled.

"It's from a book." Iris sighed. After a while several boys came up to her asking her for a dance. Fred gave them the death glare.

"You don't need to worry Fred. Ain't nobody in the world, but you." She said quoting a song from the future. She found Cho Chang, Cedric's date giving her death glares as she danced with Cedric. Iris saw Harry's eyes on Cho. After her dance with Cedric she walked over to Harry who was still looking at Cho.

"I do not approve." She said.

"Why not?" Harry demanded.

"I just don't. Now why don't you ask Ginny if she cares for a dance."

Harry gave her a look.

"Run along now and go ask her." She said. Harry let out a sigh and went to go find Ginny. Iris hid a smile knowing that she might be meddling too much. Iris walked back to Fred.

"See, was that hard?" She teased. Fred rolled his eyes. Iris looked up and saw mistletoe.

"George." She yelled. George took off running.

"Get back here you coward." She ordered.

"I thought you loved me." Fred said slightly hurt.

"I do love you, it's just I don't need him meddling." The moment she said that she froze realizing what she had just said. Fred smiled.

"You love me." He said.

"Uh..."

"Say it again."

"No."

"Please."

"No."

"Please for me."