Chapter Sixty

The place was a mess. Dead bodies everywhere, parts of the castle in ruins. They now began the task of regrouping, repairing and finding those who were missing. Iris and Remmy joined in the effort helping Madam Pomfrey heal and take away the injured's pain.

"Remmy Evans." An annoyed Colin Creevy yelled marching over to the young werewolf.

"Oh uh hi Colin." Remmy said uneasily.

"How dare you leave me in an abandoned train station petrified. You know I don't like being petrified." Colin screamed.

"I believe a thank you is in order."

"Excuse me!?!"

"I just saved your life." Remmy said calmly.

"By leaving me in an abandoned train station petrified!?!" Colin demanded seething mad.

"Like I said a thank you is in order."

"Iris your brother is a nutter." Colin said.

"Tell me something I don't know." Iris said with a shrug.

"Hey." Remmy said, insulted.

"Go back to helping Madam Pomfrey." Iris said. After a while she knew she couldn't avoid talking to Fred. As tired as she was Iris roamed around the ruins of Hogwarts looking for her boyfriend. She eventually found him in the astronomy tower staring out into space with a fresh set of tears streaming down his face.

"Fred." She called, but when he didn't answer her she walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. Fred turned to her.

"I-it should have been me." He stammered.

"I- I know he was always a pompous prat, but he didn't deserve to die. He deserve that." Fred sobbed. Iris sighed and sat down next to him. She wrapped her arms around him into a tight hug. After a few moments of silence Iris took a deep breath.

"Fred, I have something to tell you." She began.

"You know the books that I keep yelling at Remmy about?" Without waiting for Fred to reply Iris continued.

"There are books out there in the muggle world about Harry's life and everyone is in it. Harry, Ron, Hermione, you, your family, everyone. It has everything in there and to me it was just books. I don't know how I got here. This was never real to me. They were just books in a make believe world with magic." Iris rambled leaving Fred utterly confused.

"What?" He asked, completely baffled.

"Would you believe me if I told you that everything in the Harry Potter world where and when I grew up was just a work of fiction. And in this work of fiction there was magic, unicorns, dragons, man eating spiders."

"Iris what does this have to do with Percy's death?" Fred interrupted.

"Where and when I grew up all of this ." Iris said pointing to the devastation around her.

"Was a work of fiction. I've seen things that the book said would happen play out in front of me. But,  I managed to change things. Sirius was never supposed to be declared innocent he was supposed to die, Buckbeak was supposed to die, Theo was supposed to go to Azkaban, Draco was supposed to be a death eater, Moody, Tonks, Lupin were all supposed to die and I've changed all of that, me. I'm a phoenix for crying out loud."

"Iris are you ok?" Fred asked, concerned.

"No I'm not." And then she finally broke.

"It was you who was supposed to die not Percy." Iris blurted out. Fred just sat there staring at her in stunned silence for a moment.