Chapter Twenty Two

"I told you we could trust him." Iris said a while after they had given Theo veritaserum.

"I have got to say I did not see this coming. Both Nott children betraying their parents' faith. My have the mighty have fallen." Sirius snickered. 

"So, where are you staying this summer?" Iris inquiried.

"I-Uh... I really have no place to stay." Theo said, slightly embarrassed.

"Well, I'm sure Sirius wouldn't mind you staying here. After all he knows exactly how you feel." Iris said shooting Sirius a look making Sirius feel guilty.

"Uh, sure. I'm sure there's an empty room around here."

"Come on, Sirius there's plenty of room here. If the Weasleys can fit a crazy amount of people in the burrow then you could fit another person here." Iris pointed out.

After Theo settled in one of the rooms there was a lot of tension between him and Sirius. Iris had a feeling it had something to do with Regulus, Sirius' younger brother.

"Could you try being nice to him?" Iris inquiried. Sirius let out a sigh.

"He grew up pretty much the same way you did. What do you think happened to him after his sister was sorted into gryffindor? His father tried to instill in him that blood purity nonsense and how amazing Slytherin is. Sounds familiar doesn't it?"

"He reminds me of him." Sirius said quietly.

"He needs a family, Sirius. He has no one."

"What happened to his sister?" Sirius inquiried.

"She disappeared right after Hogwarts. Who knows if she's even alive."

"I can't make any promises, but I could try."

Iris headed up to her room to get some  much needed sleep. She took out the vial of dreamless sleep, popped off the cap and downed it.

"Blech, that was terrible." She thought making a face. It didn't take long for the potion to kick in. Iris found herself drifting off into a deep dreamless sleep.

Meanwhile....

"He's a slytherin, Remus. How am I supposed to get along with him?" Sirius asked as he paced the living room.

"Are you sure this has nothing to do with Regulus?" Lupin inquiried.

"What are you getting at?" Sirius demanded folding his arms.

"Other than the blonde hair, the blue eyes and being a bit scrawny he's pretty much like your brother."

"How is he anything like my brother?"

"His older sibling was disowned because they were sorted into gryffindor and didn't believe their parents' blood stupidity. He was raised ever since then with those stupid ideologies and how great Slytherin is. He's great at potions. Should I go on?" Lupin asked.

"No, I get it. But, what am I supposed to do about him?"  Sirius asked, letting out a sigh.

"If this was Regulus, what would you do?"

"I honestly don't know."

"You will figure it out."

***

Iris jolted awake, finding herself covered in water. She saw the twins standing there with mischievous grins on their face.

"Fred and George I am going to kill you!" She yelled causing the twins to take off running.

"Fred what do we do?" George asked terrified.

"I don't know. Now shut up and keep running."

"How rude." George said "slightly" hurt.

"Get back here you cowards." Iris screamed louder than Walburga Black. She chased the twins downs the stairs. Fred and George push open the door to where the order was currently having a meeting.

"Fredrick Gideon Weasley, George Fabian Weasley what on earth do you think you're doing?" Mrs. Weasley demanded. Fred and George hid behind Lupin and Sirius.

"Hide us please." Fred pleaded.

"Hide you from who?" Sirius asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm going to make you regret that you were born." Iris' voice rang through the house.

"Wow, that girl's voice is louder than that old bat." Sirius said, letting out a whistle.

"Help us please." George said with puppy eyes.

"You boys better leave. The order has more important things to deal with then some petty squabble between you and your girlfriend." Mrs. Weasley said angrily.

"She's not my girlfriend." George piped up.

"Oh, you know what I mean. Now get out." Mrs. Weasley ordered. Suddenly Fred and George felt a hand on their shoulder.

"Boo."

Fred and George yelped.

"Ooh an order meeting. Can I join? I am of age you know." Iris said sitting down at the table and putting her feet up in Sirius' face.

"No, you can not. Now get your feet off the table." Mrs. Weasley said firmly.  Iris took her feet off the table grumbling.

"Why not?"

"Because this is serious business and you need to start acting your age for once."

"But, Sirius and James joined the order at my age and they were just as immature." Iris argued.

"I'm sitting right here, you know." Sirius said, becoming "offended".

"You have to take things seriously, Iris. A war is no joke."

"You think I don't know what it's like to lose someone I care about because of a dumb war? I'm sorry I feel the need to make others laugh in these dark times." Iris shot back. Something exploded. Lupin and Sirius looked at eachother worried.

"Fred and George, what did you do this time?" Mrs. Weasley demanded.

"It wasn't us." The twins said in unison.

"Iris Lillan Evans, did you have something to do with that explosion?"

"NO!" And with that Iris stormed out of the room and headed upstairs to get changed.

"Filthy half breeds, blood traitors."

"Shut up you old bat." Iris yelled, causing Walbaga to shrink back in her portrait traumatized. 

When Iris entered the room she found a letter sitting on her bed. Realizing that she left the window open, she went and closed it. Iris picked up the letter and began reading it.

Iris, I'm risking my own life writing you this, but I had to tell you. The dark lord knows about you and your wand. They're coming after you.

DM