Chapter Twelve

"Are you going to tell me what's going on?" Theo asked, dragging her to an empty classroom that no one ever came into.

"I already went through this once today." Iris sighed.

"Are you going to tell me or not?"

"It's going to sound crazy. I mean Fred thought I fell off the moon. But,-"

"Iris."

"Oh right sorry. My mum never told me she had a younger brother. I didn't find out until recently that she was a witch and that she was disowned for not following her father's beliefs. She was also the first in her family to be sorted into Gryffindor." Iris replied.

"Why are you telling me all this?" Theo inquired.

"Because, you know my mum very well. She was seven when her little brother was born and from what her best friend has told me her little brother was devastated when she was pretty much thrown out of the house when she was fifteen. I heard she stayed by her friend, Tonks."

Theo stared at her. He knew this story all too well. It suddenly hit him.

"You're my..."

"I'm your niece and as of right now I'm technically only a few hours old."

"You're saying you're from the future." He said, raising an eyebrow.

"I know it sounds crazy, but I can prove it. Tomorrow Malfoy is going to try to hex Harry when his back is turned and Moody is going to turn him into a ferret."

Theo thought she was crazy.

When Iris exited the  classroom Cedric was standing there with a concerned look on his face.

"Is everything ok? I saw you run out of the great hall. Did Weasley hurt you because if he did I'll..." Cedric's voice trailed off his hands balled into fists.

"Whoa, easy there Muhammad Ali." Iris said, stopping him from chasing after Fred.

"Who's Muhammad Ali?" Cedric asked with a confused look on his face.

"Famous muggle boxer. Now, I don't want you going after Fred."

"But, he hurt you." Cedric protested.

"Cedric, I could handle this." Iris said slowly. Cedric sighed.

"You're my best friend, Iris and I don't like seeing you hurt." He said, bringing her into a hug.

"So, how are things going with Cho?" Iris asked as they walked back to her common room. Cedric's face went red.

"There's nothing major." He said all flustered.

"Cedric, come on, nothing major. I thought I'm your best friend, you pretty much tell me everything." Iris teased.

"Could you please drop it?" He asked.

"We're going to pretend this conversation never happened." Iris said her silence lasted about three seconds.

"So, does Cho know you're entering the tournament?"

Cedric face palmed.

"Really Iris, really?" He said exasperated.

"What? I just asked a simple question." Iris said acting all innocent. Cedric shook his.

"You're really annoying." He grumbled.

"And that is why you love me." She with a wink, skipping off to the fat lady's portrait. She quickly said the password.

"See you later Cedric." She said before disappearing through the door.

"Yeah, see you."

The next day when Draco tried to hex Harry things didn't go the way he planned.

"Oh no you don't." Moody said turning Draco into a white ferret.

"Professor Moody!"

"Hello Professor McGonagall."

"Is that a student?"

"Technically it's a ferret."

"We never use transfiguration as a punishment. Didn't Professor Dumbledore tell you that?"

"He may have mentioned it."

Theo grabbed onto Iris's arm and dragged her to the nearest classroom.

"I believe you." He said.

"I knew you would Uncle Theo." Iris said with a smile.

"Could you not call me that." He said annoyed.

"Ok Theodore."

"Not that either."

"Oh you're no fun." Iris said, trying to blow a strand of her hair out of her face.

"So, do I get to meet you in the future?"

Iris was silent.

"Uh, Iris." Theo said.

"I never met you. In the future the whole blood purity becomes a load of rubbish to a lot of pure bloods, but by then it was already too late."

"What do you mean?"

"You were in  Azkaban." Iris said bluntly.

"Wow, way to break it to a guy. I see you get the bluntness from your mother." He said dryly.

"Sorry."

"How did I end up in Azkaban?"

"Something is going to happen this summer and you're going to have to pick a side. The side you picked caused you to end up in Azkaban. So, I advise you to choose wisely."

There was a long silence.

"You know I miss her. There were rumors going around when she left Hogwarts that she died. I didn't want to believe it, but she just disappeared. I'm so glad she's alive."

"What would your father say?"

"If he heard the way I was talking right now he'd say I was a blood traitor." He sighed.

"You shouldn't care for what he has to say."

"Promise me you won't do anything stupid." Theo said going into protective uncle mode.

"I can't promise that."

"Don't tell me you're entering the tournament."

Iris gave him a sly smile.

"What would your parents say?"

"I have too. I have to stop what's supposed to happen." Iris argued.

"This is why you were put in gryffindor. You're just like your mum and I just don't want you getting hurt."

"I'll be fine Uncle Theo."

"Don't call me that."

Iris winked at him then headed to the door.

"I'll see you around." She said leaving.