42

——-3 years later——-

ADELINE'S POV

I take one final look in the mirror as I straighten out my cap and gown.

Today's the day.

"Adeline let's go" Ashley screams from the living room of our apartment.

I walk out and see Ashley and Eden, also dressed in their cap and gowns, standing by the front door.

It's crazy to think that today's the day. The day that all my hard work pays off. The day that makes the past four years worth every second.

We rush out of the building and into the uber waiting to take us to the school. I fidget with the ring on my finger, a nervous habit I had acquired ever since I got the ring two months ago.

I look down at the ring and think about how much as changed in the past four years. I've made so many friends. I've experienced so many things. I got engaged.

I'm quickly snapped out of my thoughts as we arrive at the Morningside Campus where graduation is being held.  My heart begins to race as we exit the car and make our way towards the designated meeting spot.

After about thirty minutes all the students are directed to sit in their assigned chairs which went alphabetically. As I sit down I can't help but look around until I see him, sitting with my mom.

His brown hair flows into his eyes as he's looking around for me. Finally our eyes meet and he shoots me a grin. I slightly blush as I smile back at him.

I revert my gaze back down to the ring on my finger. If someone would have told me four years ago that I would be engaged to Timothée Chalamet, I would've laughed at them. But here I am.

After today, I'm moving out of my current apartment and into his apartment, much to Ashley and Eden's despair. Then my life switches to wedding mode. Because I'm getting married.

After what seems like years, it's finally my time to walk to the stage. My hands are shaky as I try not to pass out on the walk.

This is it.

I hear my name called and I begin to walk up the steps to the stage. With a smile from ear to ear I accept my diploma and finish my walk, my eyes set on the most beautiful boy in the world.

I don't break our eye contact until I reach the end of the stage and exit down the stairs.

I've graduated.

—————

"You looked amazing" Timothée gawks as he takes a bite of his salad.

"Literally ew" Ashley rolls her eyes at his remark. "Get a room"

I'm sat at a table of a fancy restaurant with Ashley, Eden, and Timothée, of course. My face hurts from smiling so hard today.

"Guys I can't believe we just graduated" I think aloud.

Ashley nods in agreement. "Now it's onto wedding planning" she gleams, knowing that her and Eden have secured spots as bridesmaids.

"I can't believe you guys are getting married" Eden gleams. "And then your going to have babies an-"

"One step at a time" I cut her off with a laugh.

The rest of night is spend between Timmy, Ashley, Eden and I. We talk about the past four years and how much we've all changed. Timothée is now one of the top actors in the industry. Ashley scored a job as a fashion agent and even tied down a boyfriend. Eden is still looking for a job... and a boyfriend but for now she plans on going to law school.

We go on to talk about or futures. We talk about Timmy and I's wedding and even our future plans to start a family. Ashley knows that she wants to stay in the fashion industry but isn't so sure that her boyfriend is a keeper. And Eden sees herself as a lawyer who 'needs no man'.

One thing we know for sure is that all of our futures have each other in it.

—————

Liked by adelinehayes, armiehammer, and 5,149,699 others tchalamet: cheers to graduation my love

tchalamet: cheers to graduation my love. can't wait until you have my last name.

View all comments

username: ARE THEY FUCKJNF ENGAED ASDFGHKLL

username: NO WAY

armiehammer: I'm expecting an invitation to be your best man

florencepugh: Timmy!! I'm so happy for you guys❤️

elizabethchambers: Love you guys!! So excited<3

username: we lost ladies

738 words
ITS OVER😭😭😭😭😭😭
I hope you guys liked the ending... It's a little cheesy but a little sappiness never hurt anyone😉
But anyways thank you all so much for reading and voting and commenting and just overall supporting this book. I seriously appreciate it so much.
If you like my work and are interested in reading another one of my books I'm starting to work on a new Timothée book called the stylist!!
Thank you again for all the support!!🤍🤍🤍🤍