02

ADELINE'S POV

It's been a week since I moved into my dorm and began the newest chapter of my life. Classes start tomorrow so I'm enjoying my last day of freedom.

I decided to explore the city a little bit today, Ashley and Eden decided to stay behind to catch up on their sleep. They were out partying last night.

"Coffee for Adeline" The barista calls out, pulling me from my thoughts.

I smile as I grab the coffee and exit the coffee shop.

While I try to find my way back to my dorm I quickly realize that I'm lost. I pull up the maps on my phone and enter the address of the dorm building.

As I struggle to follow the directions on my phone, hold my coffee, and walk all at the same time I round the corner of a big brick building and instantly collide with another person, the remainder of my coffee spilling all over their white, very expensive looking sweater.

I instantly raise my head up from my phone, to meet eyes with the victim of my absent minded mistake.

I have to stop myself from screaming when my eyes meet his. Timothée Chalamet.

I just spilled my coffee on Timothée fucking Chalamet.

"I am so sorry holy shit I wasn't paying attention and I-" I cut myself off as I begin to ramble as my mind catches up with what just happened. My eyes are wide and my cheeks are definitely flushed.

"It's okay I don't care too much for this shirt anyways" he laughs completely brushing off what just happened.

Holy shit

"Oh my god I'm so sorry, I can't believe I just did that" I continue to apologize repeatedly.

"Its seriously all good, I swear. It's not even that much coffee" He slightly laughs again, staring at the fresh medium sized coffee stain. "I'm Timothée" he sticks his hand out to shake completely ignoring the fact that I just spilled coffee on him and ruined a probably very expensive sweater.

"I know"I blurt out.

My eyes go wide again as my hand flies over my mouth to stop anything else from coming out. He laughs at my embarrassment as I compose myself.

"I uh- I'm Adeline" I reach my hand out to shake his. 

"Are you lost?" He questions looking down at the maps on my phone as Siri tells me that she's 'rerouting'.

Stupid robot bitch

I nod my head yes as my eyes shoot to the ground in embarrassment. "Yea I thought it would be a good idea to explore the city before classes start tomorrow but I forgot how to get back to my dorm" I admit still blushing at the ground.

"Maybe I can help, do you know the address?" He asks as my head raises once again to meet his eyes.

"Uhm yea it's on the corner of Broadway and West 114th street, it's Hogan Hall" I speak, remembering what my mom told me to say if I ever got lost.

"Holy shit, you're a Columbia student?" He laughs a little louder this time.

I laugh along and nod my head. "Yea something like that"

After a short, but very awkward silence he begins to give me directions.

"Uh yea- so from here you'll just walk straight that way for two blocks" Timothée points "and then take a right then walk down a block and then you'll be there" he smiles at me.