32

ADELINE'S POV

"So where to now?" I ask with a forced smile as Gunnar and I walk down the streets.

He responds with a shrug. "Maybe we can go back to my place?" he suggests. I nod in approval of the idea as we continue to walk.

This night could not be any more weird. First, Gunnar's idea of a date is a burger at a rundown, flavorless cafe that I'm pretty sure Timmy used to make fun of every time we passed it. The conversation was weak and bland and when it came to the checks, Gunnar didn't even offer to pay for my meal. Not that I expected him to pay for it but I at least thought he would offer.

After only a few more minutes of walking, Gunnar leads me into a tall, fancy building. "This is the best part of working for my dad" he grins as we enter the elevator.

"What do you mean?" I slightly laugh at his random comment.

"He pays for my nice ass apartment" his grin widens.

We arrive on the 19th floor and walk down a short hallway until Gunnar stops in front of a door, which I'm assuming leads into his apartment.

He unlocks the door and walks in, I'm trailing closely behind him. He sets his keys down on the counter and heads straight for the refrigerator and retrieves a beer.

"Want one?" He asks, holding out the beverage.

"No thanks" I shrug, knowing he probably doesn't have wine.

Timmy always had wine

"Do you wanna watch a movie or something?" Gunnar suggests, causing my thoughts of Timothée to slip away.

"Yea sure" I force a smile and a nod as I follow him into his room.

He turns on the TV and plops down in his bed. He pats the spot next to him, signaling me to lay next to him. I slip my shoes off and slowly lay next to him as he flips trough the movies.

We finally agree on a movie and only a short amount of time into the screening, Gunnar begins leaving small kisses, trailing down my neck.

He crawls on top of me and begins to unbutton my blouse. I quickly move his hand away as he looks at me with confusion.

"I'm on my period I can't" I lie, remembering that all my friends would use that as an excuse in High School whenever they didn't want to hook up with someone.

He sighs as if he were annoyed as I turn my focus back to the TV. We end up finishing the movie as I realize how late it's gotten.

"I probably should go. It's getting late" I speak up, slipping on my shoes.

He nods, his focus remaining on the TV. "Are you free on Saturday? Maybe we could clubbing or something" he proposes.

My mind fills with excuses that I could use to get out of this situation but instead I just nod my head with a smile. "Sure the sounds great" I lie.

Satisfied with my answer, he waves goodbye, making it clear he doesn't have any intentions of walking me to the door.

I see my way out and immediately rush back to my dorm.

After a few minutes of extreme fast walking, I barge in my room, catching the attention of both Ashley and Eden, they're eyes are already hungry for the story. "How did it go?" Ashley asks instantly.

"Weird" I huff as I flop down on my bed. "We went to this flavorless cafe that Timmy hates and he didn't offer to pay for me, which is fine I guess, and then we went back to his apartment and he wasted no time trying to fuck me but I lied and said I was on my period"

"That sounds horrible" Eden frowns.

"Yea it was but for some reason I can't say no, so we're going out again on Saturday" I confess, burying my head in my pillow.

"Maybe it will go better on Saturday" Ashley encourages.

"Maybe" I sigh, sitting up to face my two best friends. I can slowly start to feel tears well up in my eyes as thoughts of Timothée run through my head.

"I want to move on so bad, but I miss Timmy so fucking much" I breakdown, feeling the hot, salty tears sting my face.

"Aw Addy don't cry" Eden cooes, walking over to my bed and pulling me into her embrace. "Even though I think he's a douche, you should just see how it goes on Saturday" she offers.

"Maybe you just needed to get past the awkward phase" Ashley adds in, optimistically.

I nod my head as I try my hardest to stop my tears from falling.

800 words
This is so short ugh I suck but I promise the next chapter will be a lot better;)
Also there's people threatening a purge and extreme acts of violence in my town tonight...  I'm literally 18 years old but I'm still terrified lmao
But on a better note... Timmy was protesting today, I'm so proud of him:,)