36

——-1 week later——-
PRIVATE MESSAGE
addy😍- adeline
blue- Gunnar

blue
let's hang soon

addy😍
what do you have
in mind?

blue
maybe clubbing again?

addy😍
I have to see

blue
why are you being
so short lately?

addy😍
I haven't been short

blue
You refuse to
see me again

addy😍
I've been busy

blue
What what?
Your cheating ex?

—————

ADELINE'S POV

I sigh in anger as I read Gunnar's message. I don't know if I'm mad that he's being a dick or that he's right.

I run a hand through my messy hair and toss my phone to my side, earning a stare from Timmy who sits on a chair adjacent to his couch that I'm sitting on.

"What's wrong?" He asks with concern.

"Gunnar" I state blatantly.

"What did he do now?" He asks further, his tone changing from worried to angry.

"He's being a dick" I explain. "He doesn't understand that I'm not into him and that I don't want to keep seeing him"

"Have you told him that you aren't into him?" Timmy questions as he sips from his beer.

"No but I thought he'd get the hint" I sigh again. "He thinks I'm blowing him off for my cheating ex boyfriend" I quote Gunnar's words.

Timmy's face grows confused until he realized that the cheating ex boyfriend I was referencing was him. "How does he know I... you know?" He awkwardly asks.

"That you what?" I tease causing a blush to creep onto his face.

"That I uh- messed up" he stumbles over his words.

"Oh wait, you mean cheated?" I continue to mock him. "You can say it you know"

"Yes, that I cheated" he mumbles, earning a laugh to slip from my lips.

"I told him" I finally respond to his original question. "He asked what happened between us"

"Interesting" he mumbles again, standing up and walking into his bedroom.

I follow behind him, confused at his sudden change in location. "Why'd we move?" I ask as I look down at him sitting on his bed.

"I moved, you followed" he states coldly.

"Okay?" I reply questioningly, trying to hide my hurt at his tone.

"I have to shower" he coldly states again.

"Didn't you just shower?" I ask, taking a seat beside him on his bed, only to have him stand up and walk into his bathroom.