Lazarus dependance

Sorry for all the angst lol, also this must be probably the longest one shot I've ever written. (At the end I divided it in two, but I'll post it on Ao3 complete after I finish the two parts.)

Thalia was observing how his son was resting peacefully. She could not quite remember the last time she had seen her boy sleep like that. Probably never, she thought. Back at the league Damian always was a light sleeper, paranoid, and always aware of his surroundings, sleeping as a soldier to sleep in a way he could wake up and defend himself fast.

But it was not like he did not had the motives to do so back then.

She smiled as she observed him sleep in his room at the manor, she wish she could see his son awake and talk to him right now, but she would not be able to hold herself if he was awake, it would be too painful.

"Thalia, what are you doing here!?" He heard Bruce, his beloved whisper at her, he was ready to fight. "You will not take my son, you lost all rights over Damian a long time ago."

Yes, she had, some years ago when she had disowned him, but now Damian was 15, almost 16, he was already a teenager.

She got down of the tree and got closer to his beloved.

"I am not here for that beloved, I just wanted to see him, and I need to speak with you."

Bruce tensed.

"But not here, I would not want to disturb Damian nor wake him up."

They both got down to the Batcave, Thalia never understood why her beloved worked in such a cold place, she had never liked the cold. Bruce interrupted her thoughts as he got to the computer and glared at her.

"Talk."

Thalia inhaled before explaining herself.

"You have noticed the same color of eyes that my son, my father and I share right?" Bruce nodded. "You may had suspected it before, but it is not natural, my eyes were brown a long time ago, and so were Damian's. It all changed after the Lazarus Pit of course, as you noticed with Jason and his eyes."

Bruce frowned. "I dont see were youre going Thalia-"

Thalia signed him to keep silent. "I am not done, you probably do not know this, but the Pits are almost completely gone, my father has just one more left, and I am afraid it is the last one in the entire world..." Thalia looked down for a moment, and looked at Bruce again. "He does not wants to share them with us..."

"Us?"

"Me and Damian beloved. I am afraid that after the amount of times we have used the Lazarus Pits...we have uh created a dependance to them, we are only alive thanks to being able to use them after certain amount of time, and our time is running out. I would not be surprised if Damian is starting to show symptoms just as I soon will."

"Thalia this isn't true, Damian is fine he-"

"Is he, beloved? Is my son really fine? Or is he just being the great actor he is thanks to the league that he always liked to be? After all, it would not be the first time he is hiding an illness."

Bruce crossed his arms. "I dont understand it, if there is just one Lazarus Pit is left why cant we bring Damian to it?"

"Im afraid it would not work for long Bruce, and after all, my father will use it as fast as he shows symptoms, after it, I finally will have an opportunity to kill him, in the meanwhile he will have the best of the best taking care of the pit, it will be impossible, even for you, to get there alive."

Bruce was slowly realizing what this meant. He would loose his son, again. And he was refusing to believe it.

"Of course I can, I could bring all the family!"