Flashbacks

"Damian come on we are going to be late." Bruce called his son from the entrance of the manor. That's day was one of few days they were the two of them at the manor, Alfred was visiting his family, Dick was in Blüdhaven, Jason hasn't been passing by for a while since Alfred wasn't there, and Tim was with the Titans.

It was just Damian and his father.

Bruce told Damian that he wanted them to go at the cinema.

Damian didn't had any other choice but agree, even though he did wanted to spend time with his father without being Batman and Robin, and being just Bruce and Damian, not that he would tell his father he was happy about it.

"Tt, I'm coming father!" Damian finally arrived to the main entrance door, fully dressed now.

"Here, have this coat, it's gonna be cold today"

"As if it wasn't everyday here in Gotham" Damian murmured while his father put him a coat on.

"Ready?" His father asked him.

Damian nodded and stayed quiet, something his father decided to ignore, after all his son was a very moody teenager sometimes.

They had been at the car for some while now, Gotham's traffic was a mess, they stayed in silence hearing the radio or just staring at the window.

While they were at a red light, Bruce's phone ringed. He answered through his headset earphone.

Damian ignored the other voice of the call, and just occasionally heard his father humming or saying monosyllables as answers.

"Yes Lucius, I'll be there as fast as possible" Then he ended the conversation and looked at his son. "Damian, do you mind if we go first to WE? Something came up and it's gonna be really quick"

"Sure" He said not really paying attention, he was already inside his mind.

His father hadn't noticed, but he had been avoiding going to Wayne Enterprises, he had just been there like once or twice in the last couple of years.

When they arrived Bruce didn't noticed how Damian flinched at the moment they both entered to the building, Damian noticed how they reconstructed the place, but that didn't changed the fact that it was that building.

Nightwing had felt unconscious after his opponent had thrown him.

"Damian I'm going to go to my office, it's gonna take me less than 30 minutes I hope, do you wanna come?"

Robin was now alone against his clone, the Heretic, his brother, his twin, his rival, as he had said

Damian didn't heard his father, he was already in his memories.

"Now you will know me" he had said before throwing himself to attack Robin.

Bruce noticed something was wrong. His son wasn't moving, his eyes were wide open.

Robin screamed for his father, pleading his mother to stop that monster.

"Damian, Damian! Are you ok?" Bruce said kneeling in front of his son. He didn't knew if he should touch him, the most probable thing was that he was having a flashback.

The Heretic was trying to get the world-bomb trigger the woman had in his hands, and Robin couldn't let that happen, not when he was still alive.

"Son, don't worry, you're here, you're with me, he...The Heretic isn't here, he's dead, do you remember that?" Bruce tried to calm down his son who was now shaking.

He had promised his father to not kill again, but he shot him right throw the chest with the arrow.

"Damian? Son, can you hear me?"

For a moment it looked as if Robin was winning, but then his clone had the chance to grab him by his neck and throw him to the wall.

"F-Father?"

This was the first time in his life, where Damian felt truly scared, he pleaded his mother again.

"Yes, yes, it's me Damian, it's Bruce, your Father" he out a hand on his shoulder. "Now, can you take deep breaths for me?"

The Heretic had a sword. Damian knew there wasn't anything else to do.

"Yes, like that, inhale, exhale" Bruce ignores the looks they both got, right now Damian was the only thing that mattered. "Can you tell me where are we?"

He was going to die.

Damian had tears on his eyes. "We...we are.."

Finally the sword passed through his stomach, Robin exhaled for the last time.

"...we are at Wayne Tower..."

He died, Robin, Damian Wayne died at Wayne Enterprises, killed by his own brother.

Damian gasped, finally getting out of the flashback.

"There. Are you back with us chum?"

He stayed looking at his father for a few minutes before nodding.

Bruce smiles at him, they stayed in silence for a few minutes, he hugged his son and then asked him if he could walk.

Damian nodded again, clearly lying, when he took a few steps he almost felt if it wasn't for his father stopping his fall.

He decided to carry Damian back to the car, Damian was still trying to get his head back to the present, so he didn't protest like he would usually would had.

When they both were back at the car, Bruce called Lucius and told him that he wasn't going to be able to go, right before heading back to the manor.

"What about the movie?" Damian asked his father, finally reacting when they arrived at the manor.

"I thought that it would be better to go tomorrow."

Bruce carried him again. Damian protested, saying that he was fine, but he didn't made anything to get down.

They both entered Damian's room, and Bruce placed him in his bed.

Damian was starting to fall asleep, but when he noticed his father going away he asked him;

"Can...can you stay here tonight with me please?"

His father opened his eyes, he didn't really expected him to ask him that.

He nodded and got back to his son's side.

Bruce noticed that Damian was sleeping now.

"I promise you, I'll never let your mother touch you again, I won't fail you...not again Damian"

Alfred got back the next day to find both father and son sleeping together.

This just didn't turned out as I wanted...and I don't like it a lot, but I don't usually write a complete chapter or one shot about Bruce and Damian moments so here it is...