Father and son

Some fluff even though I'm horrible at writing it lmao ( GIRLONFIYAH14 probably a bit too late lol)

Bruce had been trying to spend a day with each member or the family, from the oldest to the youngest, he had even included Alfred, Duke, Babs, and pretty much everyone...

Damian had been waiting for this all week long, maybe more, how much family does he had anyways? It was a lot, Christmas card was a mess, even when half of the family weren't even family just very close friends or current couples or ex of his siblings.

It was a mess.

But ignoring that, Damian had been waiting for his father to tell him what they were going to do, he had said no "extra curricular activities related" and told him that he would be the one planning the day.

He didn't knew what they were going to do, it wasn't like if Damian had been spending too much time with his father outside patrol or investigating a case...maybe none at all, he never brought him to school, when he arrived he was either working or doing some Batman related stuff. And when he was on 'vacations' he was probably too injured to do something with Damian, but that was probably the days he spent the most time with him, drawing or reading at his side.

It was Friday, Damian had school, and Bruce was the one who brought him and was going to pick him up.

During the ride to Gotham Academy, Damian had tried to discover what his father and him were going to do. It wasn't that he was exited to know about it.

No he was just...intrigued, he want- needed to know where they were going to go at the afternoon, just to be prepared.

His father had avoided every time he asked, changing his subject to insignificant things such as the climate or how his classes were going.

It was frustrating to say at least.

School passed very quickly, Damian barely payed attention, not that he didn't knew what they were seeing, but it was unusual.

Then school ended, and his father was surprisingly already in there.

"What? Surprised I actually came?" Bruce asked with a smirk, it was a playful one.

"I thought you were going to be late..." Damian admitted as he entered to the convertible.

His father's smile vanished for a few seconds.

"Hey, Damian, I know we haven't been spending too much time, that's why I have the rest of the day only for you and I spending time, to make it up to you."

With that Bruce started the car, getting them into a Tim Hortons to eat something.

"Are you hungry? I haven't ate anything all day long, I'm starving" Bruce said as he entered the place.

"I already ate lunch father"

"Well, too bad, grilled cheese over here are the best, why don't you pick up a seat while I order?"

Damian nodded and did so. After a couple of minutes Bruce arrived with his order and a frapuccino for Damian.

"What's this?"

"An Oreo frapuccino"

"But it has too much sugar, there's no point on drinking this if it won't give me anything valuable"

"I know, but I also guessed that you'd never tried one, at your age I used to love Frappuccino"

Damian shrugged his arms and took a sip, it wasn't actually bad...

"Guess you liked it" Bruce chuckled as he watched his son finishing the entire drink in minutes. He had barely talked as he drank the Frappuccino.

"It was...pleasant" Damian responded "So where are we going now?"

"The art gallery"

Damian's eyes lit up as a Christmas tree, he had been wanting to go to this new art gallery since it had opened last week. Bruce chuckled as he watched his son's excitement.

They both enjoyed watching the art, Damian sketched most of the things he saw, from people to paintings, sometimes even the entire room.

"Your art skills never cease to amaze me son." Bruce said as Damian drew a quick drawing of the room. Bruce then took a sigh, that had sounded too formal, just like Thalia. "It's amazing, I love it."

Damian would never admit it but that's all he wanted, father's approval, even with something so simple as his art skills.

"Tt. Thank you father..."

They both started walking through the gallery, Damian explaining some of the techniques to his father without noticing wasn't noticing how excited he was doing it.

Bruce bought Damian some gifts from the gallery's shop, some art stuff, he also bought a magnet for the kitchen.

After they finished at the art gallery, Bruce took him to the zoo. Damian had just visited the zoo as Robin, and he was excited.

"Father look! There is a white tiger here!" Damian approached the animal's cage, if it could be called like that.

(Did you know there are around 200 white tigers left? In the zoo near my city there's one. I haven't been there since I was like 6. So probably there isn't one anymore.)

Bruce noticed how Damian was getting preoccupied about if those animals were treated correctly, Bruce had been starting to donate to the zoo, but maybe it hadn't been enough. He should get those animals bigger spaces, as it wasn't possible for them to be free after being in the zoo for so long. He would discuss it with Damian later.

When they arriving back at the manor Bruce's com started beeping.

Damian looked at him, waiting for him to answer, Bruce hesitated, but ended up answering.

"B, Arkham breakout, we've got it but there is a hostage situation at a couple of blocks from where you are, could you handle it?" Tim asked.

Damian looked at him and nodded. He could spend some more time with his father, and then they could watch a movie.

And so they did.