Scar

This one has few angst and more fluff I think? I don't know I'm not good at fluff lol. But it isn't angsty. This is also a short one compared to the last one. 2.5k.

In which Bruce sees Damian's scars and Damian gets sick.

It was patrol time. Bruce was already in his suit, waiting for his son to come down.

"I swear, if that kid doesn't come down by now I'll leave him here Alfred." He told the butler.

Alfred left down a tray with tea, and looked back at the man he basically raised.

"It's not normal for Master Damian to come downstairs late, maybe you should wait a couple more minutes or I'll go look for him."

Alfred was right, it wasn't normal for Damian to be late for patrol, the boy was usually already down at the cave by the time Bruce arrived, training or finishing to put his suit on.

Bruce mumbled something that was pretty close to an 'ok'. And took one of the cups of tea, the least he could do was keep himself warm during one of those cold winter days.

They didn't had to wait a minute more until the 10 year old boy got downstairs. His hair was messy, not like Damian would usually wear it. The boy had probably fallen asleep.

How dare him? Bruce thought. What if anything happened in Gotham and they weren't able to save people because they felt asleep. Damian couldn't keep being that irresponsible.

Damian was at the changing room, Bruce decided to go and talk to him. Maybe his son would understand the reasons why they can't take long to go out.

Yes, Bruce was right, and he needed to tell Damian how irresponsible he was by being late, they were vigilantes, people needed them to-

Bruce lost his train of thought the exact moment he entered the changing room, Damian, his boy, was putting on his Robin suit, he was sitting on the bench putting on his pants, the boy hadn't noticed the presence of his father or he didn't cared.

Bruce almost turned away, he had never really seen his son changing. He didn't knew why, Damian was always avoiding to get changed in the same room as him, he didn't really knew if it was because he was insecure or something, but until then Bruce had respected his son's privacy.

He almost turned away, almost.

That until something grabbed Bruce's attention.

Damian's back was at plain sight, he hadn't put on the shirt yet, but that wasn't what bothered Bruce, he actually noticed how his son was full of scars, some were small scars, some were big, some were old and some didn't look too old.

The sight was unnerving, no, it was more than that, it boiled Bruce's blood. Some scars looked nasty, like they had gotten infected.

Most of them looked like training bruises. League training bruises. But some of them looked anormal, almost as if someone had intentions made them in that shape, like branding. Some looked like they had been for medical purposes, too straight and deep, some had been stitched better than others too. And taken better care of.

Of course there were scars he recognized, like the one he got when he was stabbed during one of the patrols with him, or the burnt he got on his shoulder after an explosion in the harbor.

He even recognized the one he got after a sparing gone wrong with Tim.

But the one that was probably the biggest was the one that goes through his entire spine as long as Bruce could see.