Consequences 2

A couple of things had happened since the accident.

But first of all being in a wheelchair shucked. Everyone looked at him with pity on their eyes, and retired to help him.

And nobody ever thought about the people in wheelchairs! Elevators being to small or too many stairs! He really didn't appreciated something so simple as walking when he should have.

(Believe me, I was in a wheelchair for a month and a half when I was nine, that was an eternity back then, it sucked to got to the cinema or to eat, or basically anywhere like that. But what it sucked the most was going for Halloween ;-;)

Not being Robin was also getting on his nerves.

Ever since the doctors said that he wouldn't be able to walk again, even the league's doctors, he would dream of walking, playing with his pets, patrolling with his family, he just dreamed of using his legs again.

He missed that so much it hurt.

The first couple of weeks he had been sleeping a lot, just so he could walk again at least in his dreams. But then his father decided that he needed a routine to get used to his new...condition.

Damian had never hated so much routines. He needed help to do anything, everyone treated him as if he was a porcelain jar. (Like the one he just broke the first day when he felt from the wheelchair, just don't tell Bruce).

The only one who treated him the same was Gordon because she knew about that. And he was deeply grateful for that.

"Damian, I believe it's time you go back to school." His father told him one day.

Damian agreed, he never thought that he would want to go back to that place, but right now it could be a way to distract himself, no matter how easy those classes were.

He started school again after a couple of months after the...accident. They had told the people that it had been a car crash were Damian got hit in the back.

Everyone believed that. And everyone stared at him.

Look, he wasn't used to be the most nice person before at school. But right now he did his best to not punch the guys who looked at him with a smile on their eyes. And not a nice one.

Just because he was in a wheelchair it didn't mean he wasn't dangerous.

"Dames! Hey! I've been waiting for you to show up!" Jon came running towards his friend.

Damian just smiled, he hadn't seen Jonathan since the last time he visited him, that was weeks ago and Damian hadn't even been able to control his wheelchair properly.

(I mean it's not that hard, but it get stuck a lot, you also need a lot of strength on your arms to do anything by yourself).

Jon didn't offered himself to push him, and he was happy with that, they both went to the lockers' room to talk for a bit.

As Damian looked around he could see people smiling at him with pity, others saying he deserved it, and then there were people seeing him with respect.

Classes finally started, his father had build an elevator for him in the school, as well as some ramps and stuff to make him easier to move.

He sat in the front of the classroom during all his classes.

Class eventually ended and he returned back to the manor. His family was down at the bat cave, and Alfred helped him to get down.

"-if we could go and enter here..." he heard Tim saying as he was showing Bruce some blueprints.