Overstrain

This was shyshy1798 idea, thank you!!
Damian is around 16 in here.

Image is non-related

Damian was staying alone for the rest of the month. Not that he cared at all, but all of his family had important missions to do and Alfred took some vacations to England because of personal matters.

His father had an off-world duty with the Justice League.

Grayson had a thing about Wally, there was a chance they could probably get him back, so he left as quick as possible.

Todd didn't even lived at the manor, but he had something about taking down a huge cartel thing at Mexico.

Drake had something to do with the Teen Titans, and he was going to stay with them for the rest of the month.

And the girls...well he wasn't quite sure about what they were supposed to be doing, but they were also busy.

So that was it, just Damian and his pets, having all the house for himself.

It was also summer vacation so he didn't had any school or something to do, at first he decided to call Jon or Maya or Colin...but they were to busy with summer vacations, so he stayed alone.

***

It was a good thing he had the bat cave training system for himself now, there was no 'it's my turn now' or 'don't push yourself too much, you have to rest'

He was an Al Ghul, raised to fight until his last breath, there was no resting, not completely.

So that's what he did during the month...training and patrolling.

***

It had been a month now, today was the day Tim was coming back, apparently so was Alfred, Jason and his father.

Damian kinda forgot about it, he had being training for the last couple of hours...or more, he wasn't quite sure about how long it had been already.

So when his family arrived and didn't found him at his room, or anywhere at the manor, they got scared.

The weren't the bats for nothing, they had to be paranoid.

Bruce decided that it was better to look at his locator to look for his son.

He was at the cave.

He went downstairs after taking a bath, he could hear the training robots on.

"Damian, son, we're ho-"

Damian was at the floor, he probably passed out, but then the robots where getting closer to him, with a katana over his head.

"TRAINING SIMULATION OFF"

The computer shouted down all the robots just a few inches before the katana cut Damian.

Bruce ran towards his son.

"D-Damian?? Son?!"

He grabbed his son, he noticed that he was paler and skinnier, he probably hadn't eaten something for days, the dark circles under his eyes told him that he probably hadn't rested as well.

"Bruce are you alright?" He heard Tim calling him from the stairs. "Omg what happened to Damian?"

"Tell Alfred to come over to the med bay, we gotta help Damian"

Tim did as told.

"Dames, what did you do?"

***

Damian felt light headed...the last thing he remembered was him training and then hearing his father and then-

Oh he passed out didn't he?

He opened his eyes, he was at the med bay in the cave.

He tried sitting down, but before he could he felt a hand putting him down again.

"Don't even try, you are too weak to do that"

"What-?" He turned his head to look at the voice.

Drake.

"You overstrained yourself, you were lucky we got here in time or you would probably be worst."

"How long did I-?"

"3 days kid, damn, what did you even do to yourself? When was the last time you even rested?" Todd...he could hear Todd's voice saying that.

"I-I...I think Tuesday?" He didn't really knew, the days just went to fast between patrolling and training.

He could swear he heard Tim rolling his eyes.

"Next time, leave that to me, don't even try to steal my tittle" He said with a smirk on his face.

"I don't think that's a think to brag about Tim"

"Richard? When did you..."

"Yesterday, you got me worried after Bruce called me to tell me my little brother apparently didn't rested or ate anything for the last weeks"

"I...I'm sorry, I didn't meant to worry you, I just..."

"Dames don't worry, it's nothing to be sorry about...just if you promise to don't ever do it again" Dick interrupted him while hugging him.

"Yeah, not kidding kid, you got Dickhead worried a lot..."

"Jason is just to 'tough' to admit that he was worried too...and so was I" Tim said. "Still you gotta promise us that you won't do it again."

"Ok...I-I promise."

And for the first time in the month, Damian felt that people truly cared about him.

And he felt truly happy about it.