𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚛, 𝙻𝚊𝚠𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 ; 𝟿 ; 𝟸𝟷

Dear, Lawrence November 23, 1887

I know I've written already today, but before I go to bed I forced myself to write again to get everything I am feeling out of the way. It was blocking me from doing everything I wanted to today. You just looked splendid and you kept looking at me and for some reason I really.... wanted you to touch me. Like I put my hand on your back or started tickling you or laid above you. I almost wanted to kiss you and I'm not sure why and it's bloody stressful.

To bring it to a lighter but not that light topic, so much is happening in your dads business right now. I'm struggling to keep up with everything I have to tell everybody and the phone line only reaches so far. I only have 24 hours in a day. Of course most of it is spent annoying Avery while he does his own work. My father wants me to marry before he passes too and we know he's deteriorating faster than assumed so I'm not very sympathetic to others problems and it's making me a jerk. I'm sorry for whatever I do tomorrow or the next day while in the heat of the moment. I'm just struggling to keep up with my emotions.

Sincerely, Tate

𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸

It's simple enough the sentence he spoke, but it hit me so much harder than he meant.

"My lady" meant a lot... especially when so many people could hear him. Though of course they were too busy and caught up in their own crap to actually do so.

I bite my lip as they all talk around me, Tate slowly putting his arm around my waist and rubbing my back absentmindedly.

God...

"Lawrence! Avery! My little babies! Oh how well you both have aged," my mom says with a smile, grabbing onto our hands over the table and looking between the two of us.

"I'm proud of you Avery." She says, kissing his hand and mine before letting go of them and standing up to get the cake from the counter.

She's proud of Avery at least...

I think these types of sly comments are from a loving place in her heart, she truly just wants me to not end up like her. Times are different now, women are getting more... I could be so much more than I am.

She loves me I know it... they're all just a little disappointed with how much potential I had.

She sets it down between us, looking between everybody at the table, "Wrenny made this lovely cake! One of her many talents!" Mom laughs lightly as my dad chuckles, "Love stop the flattery and let them eat."

"Oh my!" My mom says nervously before shaking her head, "Goodness me I'm so sorry! Just a tad bit flustered.... anyway continue all of you. Go ahead and eat, serve yourself to some cake."

I laugh lightly, beginning to cut up my beef.

"Are you okay mama?"

"Oh of course I'm just... overwhelmed to say the least. It's been so long since you two were born, let along my old-y Presley! Gosh I remember struggling to pick names, and holding Tate and trying to convince myself that I could be a good mother to more than just one. But Y'know we were really hoping for a boy to take over the company and we got one even if it came with an extra!" She laughs lightly, shaking her head.