𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚛, 𝙻𝚊𝚠𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 ; 𝟷𝟿 ; 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍

Dear, Lawrence                                   December 5, 1889

You know I love you, right? Sometimes I'm scared I'm going to have to say it... because then I'd lose the bet. You know how competitive I am, I would stick to bets for years with Avery. Even the bet that I would never be with you...

But I never got to show you my love and in reality I wanted to do it all the time. Now it's all coming out. I wanna hold you constantly but I have to hide it from everybody. I have to go into your room only at night so we aren't suspicious, because I already had slept next to you... but I want to do it whenever I see you, and instead I'm stuck with holding your arm while you walk down steps. I'm not what I'm supposed to be like with you... I should still be professional like all of the other relationships.. but my love for you is so deep Lawrence. I know I act different with others but I promise darling, you're forever mine.

Love, Tate.

𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸

I sat on the couch, my legs up to my chest. Tate sat right next to me, his sleeves rolled up to his elbows and his pants freshly cleaned. Avery sat on a chair to the right of me.

"Oh come on! Deaton has such a large following, and they'd be stupid enough to make a building that modern? Most of us hate the modern look and especially newcomers just walking by or visiting the city for the conventions!" Tate blabbers, his hair perfectly curled.

"Exactly, I'm trying to talk them out of it but they really want to be the face of the new century with this building, I'm not sure what to do.."

I groan, plopping my head down in Tate's lap and sighing, "This is boring, change the topic, Avery!!" I beg.

"Lawrence this is important." Tate says, his left hand going to the top of my head and running his fingers through my hair as they continue to talk.

I furrow my eyebrows, "okay but when you're done I'd love to here you talk about the new building for the college down the street. I cater there all the time and can give an opinion on that-"

"Can you please shut up, Lawrence?" Avery says and Tate's body goes stiff under me.

"Don't be rude!" I say, sitting up. Tate's hand sneaks around my waist for support, light rubbing my hip with his thumb under the blanket.

"We're discussing something for our work, if you could do the same maybe go make us a scone for our tea or something." Avery groans, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"What.." I mumble and Tate stiffens more, "Wow, Avery... she just wanted to participate-"

"Oh come on we always try to include her but she doesn't have anything in common with us! Why do you even support her here, Tate?"

"Did mom get in your head again?" I ask, my eyebrows furrowed.

"No she just told me about your sales recently and I think they could've been higher-"

"I took one day off for my birthday and I spend my saturdays making free cookies for the kids off of my own sales check I just wanted to be-"

"Be nice? You're such a child Lawrence! I mean cmon, Tate agrees with me. We've talked about it before, you're needy and constantly have to be around him.. he's not even your friend Lawrence."