𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚛, 𝙻𝚊𝚠𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 ; 𝟾 ; 𝚃𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚜

Dear, Lawrence                                    October 17, 1887 (Lawrence's Favorite Letter from last chapter)

I've had to write so many letters today that my hand is cramping up while I'm writing this, but I promise its worth it to get a response back from you. I'm at the halfway point at the time I'm writing this. I assume it'll get to you in maybe a week or so though, so this, my second letter of this trip, will be my second-to-last. In this time I'd love to tell you the stories of how dreadfully home sick I am, I hate to admit it but I miss you quite a lot Wren, more than Pres. Of course not more than Avery though, Avery still owes me a dollar over a bet and that's the only thing keeping me going. I miss reading to you, I miss making tea and waffles in the mornings, I miss calling the servants to milk the cows for you so I could watch you get all dolled up in hopes that I could use those tricks on a girl to woo her. So far being able to pin back hair hasn't gotten many ladies to appreciate my company in the way I deserve. I wish I could just sit down under a blanket and have a pastry in hand, munching on it and not worrying about my work. I must go, my train is here.

Remember Lawrence, I'm always by your side. I'll see you again soon darling, but for now.

Sincerely, Tate.

𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸

November 23, 1887

I walk out of the bathroom in my new dress, a smile on my face as I look at pres. I go to open my mouth to speak but she gets ahead of me as she starts rambling,

"okay, okay, lawrence, honey, I need your help.. my hair keeps swooping this way when I'm trying to swoop it this way and I was like oh okay let's put it in a bun but my hair won't slick into a bun so can you please help?"

"Um... I'm really bad at doing buns on other people but.." Sadly enough I know what I have to do, even if I wanted to do it myself.

"Tate!" I call and he slowly opens the door after a second, "What's wrong, darling?" He asks, his face flustered as he looks around the room to search for anything that could've hurt me.

"Can you please help, Pres with her bun? She can't get it and I suck at doing it with other people."

His lips form an 'o' shape as he realizes what I'm doing and nods, walking over to Pres and slowly grabbing all of her hair smoothly.

He twists it in his hands, flipping it over and putting a rubber band around it before tucking in the other pieces and smoothing it out. It looked amazing and he smiles at me before kissing the top of Presley's head. "There.." he mumbles lightly, but he doesn't turn red as he turns to me.

"Lawrence?" He asks, grabbing a rubber band and smirking at me. "Me?" I ask lightly and he nods. "Yes you, darling."

I laugh lightly and turn my head away from him as he comes up behind me. His fingers run through my hair sweetly and gently, and once my hair is off my neck he leans in and kisses me gently, just a small peck, but my stomach churns and my heart beats faster and faster.

He leans back, twisting my hair in a bun and leaning in. "Thank you, Lawrence." He mumbles and I nod, "You're welcome..." I mumble lightly, my voice slightly shaky as I see him smirk behind me in the mirror before leaving.

"Presley..." I query, and she looks up and nods, smoothing her dress out.

"I think I like Tate..."