𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚛, 𝙻𝚊𝚠𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 ; 𝟷𝟼 ; 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙻𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛

Dear, Lawrence            December 3, 1889

For once, I truly do know what to do. I've fantasized about a day like this before and I know I'm gonna give it to you... I'm gonna give you the world. Don't worry, I love you. I love you... I love you I love you I love you..

love, Tate.

𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸

It's morning again, cold and icy outside because of the rain that froze on the roads overnight. Our cows that Avery loved so dearly have been moved into and extra room as to keep them from freezing.

I sat at the edge of my bed, my dress barely covering me to the point that I couldn't help but shiver. Presley wasnt here, but I heard Avery downstairs listening to my father lecture him on what to say. He has a big business meeting in a week or two, I'm not quite sure of the date as he's been so busy that he hasn't talked to me or his bride-to-be.

I haven't met her yet but I heard she's from New York and is beautiful, Lady Greta Orange is her name.

I turn to my bed and grab the trench coat that was still sitting there. It was a big rule to not lend anything to the opposite gender like this, you must talk to them daintily and pretend to not have thoughts in your head. I guess Tate never cared about the rules with me though...

Especially when he kissed me.

I stand up, wrapping the trench coat around me and holding it close as I walked downstairs. My feet almost froze as they touched the cold wood beneath them.

"What're you wearing Lawrence..." my brother growls, looking me up and down and setting down his pen.

"I was cold Avery I'm sorry-"

"It's just weird... that's his favorite he never loans it out to anyone.."

"Yeah..."

"Don't let dad see you in it... he'll be unhappy with Tatum for not following the rules."

"He's never been one to follow the rules with me Avery..." I mumble, seeing breakfast on the counter made by the servants.

I was so cold.

The door suddenly opens and Avery stands up quickly, jogging towards Tate as he walks in quietly. He laughs lightly as Avery hugs him tight.

"I'm so excited Tatum!" He says and I furrow my eyebrows, listening into their conversation as I make Avery a plate full of what he liked.

"Yeah... me too." Tate says, but he's staring right at me and not Avery.

"What..?" Avery asks, turning to look at what he's staring at and Tate shakes his head. He smiles at the ground. I forgot... "Oh nothing.. nothing... umm... I'll be right back down and then we can get going okay? Maybe when we're there we could be lucky enough to taste one of the pastries Lawrence made." He mumbles, looking me up and down before walking up the stairs, pulling a little paper out of his pocket.

And I suddenly realize why he smiled at the ground.... I still have this stupid trench coat on.

I take it off, placing it on the counter and handing Avery his food. "Oh would you be nice enough to make a plate for Tatum please?"

I sigh, "of course..."

As I'm finishing Tatum comes back downstairs and furrows his eyebrows a little when he looks at me. He sighs before smiling at Avery like nothing happened.