𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚛, 𝙻𝚊𝚠𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 ; 𝟸𝟷 ; 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚝𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚍

To my love, January 5, 1889

         Columbin took me out yesterday. He showed me all of the wonderful places he had been with Jane. He said as soon as she was ready he would propose. I told him not to overthink it... or change his mind. in my experience.. that causes more hurt. I wish sometimes I chose you first. We could've had so much more time together by now. At least I know we can always make that time up though... because no matter dead or alive we'll be together.

You taught me that.

Yours, Tate

𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸

"Are you with Tatum?" He asks and I swallow.

"I- I um- Avery you see-"

"Save it-" he says, standing up and trying to push passed me but I stop him. "Avery I'm sorry!" I say and he stops, "Look I... I didn't mean to hide it from you-"

"I'm going to kill him-"

"I love him!" I scream, and his entire body that was previously stiff softens up a little. He shrivels down and sits on my bed. His eyes were empty, his hands no longer being held in mine, but instead drooping off the side of his lap.

"You broke the promise..." he mumbles and I shake my head. How does he not understand?

"I was eleven when I agreed! I didn't know what love was-"

"You still don't! He wasn't meant to be yours, Lawrence! I was okay with Presley because I had built my life around it but with you? You both swore to never get with each other-"

"I was eleven-"

"And his was two months ago! He called you disgusting and a disappointment! And you have the audacity to say you're in love with that! He's right, Lawrence. You have no decency. Stealing another woman's husband!"

"She's okay with it! Why are you so angry.. you told me you'd be happy no matter what guy I married.. and Tate.. he's just saying that."

He wouldn't mean that right? He said he wasn't disappointed, nor disgusted.

"He agreed over and over everytime I've asked him and said the same thing since grade nine. He doesn't love you back! You're going to ruin our family Lawrence!"

"Well hes getting no benefit from dating me! Why would he do it if nothing was coming out of it?" I defend. I'm not ruining the family, im letting myself be happy..

Right?

"To make Presley jealous." Avery dead pans, standing up. He stands above me, his eyebrows furrowed and staring me in the eyes with anger and regret. "he knew your advice wasn't working so he sought out his own ways-"

"Well that won't work! She's getting married and she knows about me and him-" I start but Avery interrupts me again.

"She's getting married-"

"Don't tell a soul..." I mumble and he shakes his head. He lets out a sadistic chuckle.

"You naive girl. Tatum would do anything to get to the top.. watch how fast you'll be discarded when he finds out she's getting married. He'll drop you and try to get her harder because he'll only have a few days left to get her. You'll see Lawrence.." he says, and as he reaches for the door handle I stop him. I can't look him in the eyes.