𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚛, 𝙻𝚊𝚠𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 ; 𝟹 ; 𝙱𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚛𝚢 & 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚢

Dear, Lawrence                                November 20, 1887

I almost fell asleep in that bed last night... it scared me. It scared me how comfortable I am with you, and that I will only get more comfortable. But also I don't seem to be in the worst of moods by hitting that realization. Youre oh so sweet, and such a handsome lady, I do wish that one day Presley will be as beautiful as you. I solely and truly wish that my level of comfort and rational remain the same when I'm with you, because I cannot afford something happening that would scorn my reputation. I'm trying to be built up from my fathers inferior position, and being in your fathers company has truly helped so much, but if I were to marry someone of a lower class already, despite their birth rank being so high, it might lead to trouble in the future. What I mean is that of course I am to love Presley, even despite my crush on you for the past few years. In the small possibility that I engage with you, I cannot allow myself to marry you Lawrence. I know I used to wish to do so when we were young but fates change, and your fate is so much different than expected.

Your birth rank was admirable and you already have such amiable qualities but you're an almost 21 year old unmarried baker, this is sure to lead to bad fortune! Of course though, I shall never allow such a thing as marriage to happen, laying next to you last night just made me think of such outrageous ideas. You're simply helping me get closer to Presley, and of course I thank you, but I mustn't give you too much praise. You have your faults and I've told my fair share of white lies to you last night.

I am proud, truly proud. I always told you to follow what you wanted to do and not aspire to be what you wish not to be. This doesn't mean I didn't expect more though still, I'm proud of course but you had the ability to go so much farther in your studies. I just.... I am with the other sides of your family when I express that I expected more from you, Lawrence. You could've followed in your sisters footsteps. I only say this because I care about you though. I'm proud you followed your aspirations but I'm scared of what your decisions will lead you to be.

But I can't stand the fact that the closer I become with you the closer I understand your shortcomings. You're doing what you wanted, it's not a shortcoming in your mind, and seeing your beautiful smile makes you not caring about such ranks in the socialites all the more merry. I've suddenly been turned to say I can't be crossed that you've chosen it, and that it's quite admirable. But as the day rolls on I must awake you to walk to the bakery. In hopes that you and I both have the most blessed day,

Yours truly, Tate Tillings.

𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸𝙸

I walk out of the house, holding up the sides of my dress to make sure they don't get muddy. It rained pretty heavily after Tate and I's conversation on the deck last night.

Speaking of such, he's waiting for me just outside the door, his brown hair curling over his forehead and his face freshly shaven.

He wore a black trench coat with black pants and black dress shoes, but soon enough he took of his trench coat and rested it on my shoulders, holding my wicker basket for me. I normally brought it to the bakery, it was nice to carry biscuits home or on some occasions food from the shop down the road.

Once I brought back Avery and I a Boston cream pie to share, it was splendid.

"A lady mustn't go cold in the late autumn, Lawrence." He mumbles, smiling lightly before raising his arm for me to grab.