𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER NINE | YOU MADE A CHOICE TO BE GOOD

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE SMELL OF DAMON'S COOKING FILLED KLARA'S NOSTRILS AS SHE STEPPED INTO THE KITCHEN. Damon was a terrible cook, the several months that she spent trapped with him in the prison world had taught her that. Though, Klara had never yearned for a smell more— the smell of Damon's terrible cooking signified that he was finally back home, where he belonged. 

"You know, I genuinely don't think I've been happier to see you in the kitchen." Klara chuckled softly as she stepped into the room and saw Damon plating up some food. "What's this in aid of?"

"For my humanity-free brother in the basement." He chuckled softly and then set his eyes on Klara. "Breakfast is the best way to start your day. How you doin' today, Goldie-Locks?"

Damon held his arms wide open as if he were waiting for Klara to hug him. The pair rarely hugged, but when they did, it was a special occasion. "All the better to have you back. It's been terribly dull around here." Klara chuckled softly.

"Hey, now, listen, I hope you weren't planning on getting hitched without me attending the wedding." The Salvatore playfully scowled at Klara as they parted from their hug. "I mean, 'cause if you were, I'd have to kick your ass."

The blonde vampire shook her head. "I had every faith you'd come back. You're too stubborn to be controlled by some jumped up little bitch."

"Hm. True." Damon muttered to himself as he grabbed the tray of breakfast for Stefan. "Comin' down? I'll make sure he plays nice. If he doesn't, I'll just snap his neck."

"Fine." A hesitant sigh left Klara's lips, then she nodded. She followed Damon through the corridor and wandered down the steps just before they hit the cell. 

"Second chances, coming up. I dare you to have one of these and tell me that they are not the best pancakes you ever— had." Damon immediately paused when he glanced into the cell and noticed that Stefan was gone. All that was left was a pile of ash where he once was. 

"Hello, Damon. Miss Adams." A voice boomed from behind Klara and Damon. As they turned around, they came face-to-face with a man that Klara didn't recognize, but she knew who he was the minute Damon stepped in front of her. 

"Cade, I presume?" The blonde raised an eyebrow. "Where the hell is Stefan?"

"Making up for Damon's disappointing work ethic. I sent him on a task." Cade simply explained,  then eyed up the Salvatore. "You're wondering if I'm a hallucination. Well, I assure you, I am very real."

Cade stepped forward, then took the tray from Damon's grasp. "Noted. What brings you to town?"

"Upon the Maxwell bell's eleventh ring, the boundary to Hell broke down for a moment. I took the opportunity to step through, and take up residence here. Since my disciples seem to require additional motivation."