𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER FOURTEEN | I WAS FEELING EPIC 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE MAXWELL BELL HAD STARTED TO RING, WHICH MEANT THAT KATHERINE'S PLAN WAS ALREADY UNDERWAY. Klara had finished tending to Lizzie and Josie then hurried off to find Stefan, who had disappeared shortly after the house fire caused by Kelly Donovan. With a pounding heart, Klara desperately tried to listen for Stefan, and when she heard him yelling for Bonnie, she hurried inside the burned-out Lockwood Mansion to see him performing CPR on her best friend.

"What the hell happened?" Klara anxiously yelled toward her husband. She ran in, holding her dress within her grasp as Bonnie laid unconscious below Stefan.

"The magic was too much for her," Stefan explained when he moved aside and watched Klara bite her wrist. She offered up her blood to Bonnie's lips, though it didn't seem to be helping. "No, no, no. No, don't do this. Come on, Bonnie!"

"Bonnie, please!" Klara helplessly exclaimed again while Stefan resumed frantic chest compressions on the Bennett girl. Within a few moments that felt like hours, a gasp left Bonnie's lips. She sat upright with the help of Klara and then pulled the blonde in for a hug. "Oh, my God. You're okay."

"I saw her," Bonnie whispered as she held Klara within her hold. Her eyes darted over to Stefan, who furrowed his brows. "I saw Elena."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"There's got to be something we're missing," Stefan told his wife and brother as the three stormed back inside the Salvatore house once they were armed with the information of Katherine's plan.

"Nope. Katherine won. She played the long game, and finally beat us." Damon spoke with a hint of irritation and anxiety lacing his words. But, the further they wandered into the house, the more their eyes widened with fear.

The sight of Elena's casket open without her inside immediately caused the three to suddenly stop in their tracks. "Oh, my God. That's not—" Klara breathed out, then she turned back to her husband. "Bonnie's heart stopped earlier on this evening."

Stefan, whose eyes remained fixed on the empty casket, nodded. "She said she saw Elena."

"Damon?" The shaky, yet extremely familiar voice rang through their eyes. All eyes averted to Elena Gilbert, wearing the same blue dress they put her to sleep in. She stood just in front of the open casket. She looked almost relieved to have clapped eyes on the love of her life, but then fear washed over her face.

"Elena." A breath of confusion and relief escaped the Salvatore's lips as he edged his way forward, but she held her hand out in front of her.

"What's going on? Is Bonnie—"