𝐓𝐖𝐎

CHAPTER TWO | TRUE LIES 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

CAROLINE AND KLARA HAD SPENT THE MOST OF THEIR MORNING PACKING MEGAN'S BELONGINGS. They wanted to try and distract themselves from the clear fact that there was another vampire prowling around Whitmore campus. Klara thought that going to college would be a fresh-vampire-drama-free-start, but it seemed like it was anything but.

Elena wandered into their dorm to inform the two girls at the state of Megan's memorial service which had been placed nearby their dorm. "Megan's memorial outside is growing by the minute."

"Ugh, college kids are so dramatic. She was on campus for, like, one day." Caroline scoffed with an irritated voice which only caused Elena and Klara to glare at her. "She couldn't have made that many friends."

"Caroline, she's dead." Elena deadpanned with a pointed look. "You can stop competing with her."

The blonde chuckled once she saw Caroline exhale and shake her head. "She's in a mood. She spoke to Tyler."

"He's derring from enrolling and deferring from returning my phone calls, so I'm deferring from having sex with him ever again." Caroline gave Elena a sarcastic smile as she tossed a few more water bottles into a box.

"How's the snopping going? Any explanation why our vervain-laced—" Elena glanced over to their door to make sure nobody was listening to their conversation. "—vampire-slaughtered roommate had a picture of my dad on her phone?"

"Nope." Klara sighed as she threw herself backwards onto her bed. "You gotta admit though, that's freakish."

"Oh, uh, I went by the hosptail this morning; Megan's death certificate. It says she died of suicide. No mention of the gaping vampire bites on her neck. So whoever signed off on the cause of death was part of the cover up, just like the Founders Council back home." Klara grabbed the folder and began to read it.

"Dr. Wesley Maxfield." The blonde read the name on the report and glanced up to Elena. "Who the hell is that?"

"Our Applied Microbiology professor. I switched out classes around so that we could—" 

"—I'm sorry, you did what?" Klara closed the medical file and tossed it onto her bed as her eyes widened in Elena's direction. 

"Uh, Elena we're supposed to be taking Intro to Communications. What happened to getting drunk and making bad decisions about boys? What happened to our fun freshmen year at college?" Caroline began to flap her arms around in clear disapproval. "I am supposed to be a drama major!"

"You're not going to be an anything major if we get exposed as vampires!" Elena snapped with a lowered tone of voice. "We are still gonna have our fun year, but we have to protect ourselves. The way Damon kept his secret in Mystic Falls was because he infiltrated the Founders Council. So, bust out those alleged acting skills, and let's get on it, okay?"