𝐒𝐈𝐗

CHAPTER SIX | DEATH AND THE MAIDEN

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THEY HAD AGREED TO GET THEMSELVES BACK TO WHERE THEY WERE, DESPITE THE FACT THAT HE HAD NO MEMORIES. Or, at least, that's what Klara believed. Once Stefan Salvatore had said goodnight to Klara and retreated to his own bedroom, Tessa was there waiting for him. She gave him all of his memories back, unbeknownst to anyone else.

"Alright. Time to get up." Klara sauntered into Stefan's bedroom and yanked the curtains open, causing him to wake up. She then turned around and smiled at him. "Today is the first that of you and I starting from the beginning. So, I wanna make the most of it, you know?"

"Right, yeah. We said we were gonna give the fresh start a go, didn't we?" Stefan sat upright in the middle of his bed as the blonde perched down the end. He smiled at her, taking in every single thing he loved about her. How could he forget her?  "It seems kind of redundant now, though."

Klara furrowed her brows, confusion and hurt spread across her face. "Have you, uh— you've had second thoughts on this whole friendship thing, right?"

"The night I took Silas to the quarry, I said goodbye to Lexi and then I was coming back home. To you." Stefan recited the night that changed his life while Klara remained silently stunned. "My memories are back."

"What?" Klara's mouth gaped open as a flicker of a smile began to move across her plump lips. "Oh, my God. I don't understand. How can that even happen?"

"Tessa came here last night, after I said goodnight to you. She undid whatever spell fried my brain, and it's all back." 

"Everything?" Klara gave him a hopeful look. Since Stefan had lost his memories, all she wanted was for him to remember her. Them. 

Stefan nodded. "Everything."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"October 1852?" Damon raised an eyebrow as he quizzed Stefan on their history together. Once Klara had found out that Stefan's memories were back, the first thing she did was march him to Damon, who had the ability to test that.

"You broke my nose trying to teach me how to throw a right hook." Stefan responded, noticing Klara's light chuckle as Damon rolled his eyes.

"But, not on purpose, just to be clear." The held his hands up in surrender, glancing between Elena and Klara. "How much did you pay for that hunk of junk motorcycle you ride?"

"That's a trick question." Stefan hummed. "You bought me that motorcycle, although I'm guessing it was pretty expensive."

"So, Tessa just gave you back your memories? No strings attached?" He furrowed his brows. He knew Tessa and he knew how psychotic she was. He didn't understand why she would do this out of the goodness of her heart.