𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SEVEN | THE CELL

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

KLARA CAME HOME FROM WHITMORE AT THE REQUEST OF KATHERINE PIERCE. Apparently, Stefan wasn't doing too well despite his efforts to make her believe that he was much better after he killed Silas. He wanted Klara to be able to live a normal life without worrying about him or his downward spiral. Even though they were nowhere near back to normal, Klara dropped everything and returned to Mystic Falls.

Stefan's eyes widened as the front door swung right open to reveal Klara, who he waved back off to college onto two days prior. "What're you doing here?"

Klara furrowed her brows at the fact that Stefan seemed almost annoyed to have her back in Mystic Falls, rather than Whitmore. "Careful, anyone would think you're happy to see me." 

"No, it's not that. I just—" He shook the look from his face and sighed. 

"—You don't want me to be here because you don't want me to know how obviously not okay you are." The blonde vampire nodded knowingly. "I'm not an idiot, Stefan. Katherine called. Something about you freaking out and breaking some chairs in the library this morning."

"Katherine?" He repeated in a tone of complete disbelief. The Pierce woman had always hated the fact that Stefan and Klara were together, he didn't understand why Katherine would reach to out Klara. "Why the hell would Katherine call you?" 

"Because you love Klara, and she loves you." The doppelganger stepped into view as all eyes averted to her. "I mean, sure, as annoying as it is, if anyone is gonna help you out of this hole you're in, it's your irritating blonde side-kick."

"Well, I can't exactly do it alone." Klara turned her head to the door and Caroline Forbes appeared behind her with a smile on her face. "I brought your sober sponsor. I mean, that's why you call her, right?"

"I got my Mom to drop off something for us to use." She stepped aside to reveal the safe that Stefan had been locked in for three months. "Don't worry. I sanitized it."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Stefan, Klara and Caroline all stood staring at the safe that took not only three months of Stefan Salvatore's life, but his sanity, too. "I spent three months drowning in this thing. What the hell were you thinking?" He asked, his arms folded over his chest while his eyes were fixed on the metal box.

Klara rolled her eyes at his snappy attitude. "We were thinking that considering you've not properly dealt with what happened, maybe you should face your obvious PTSD head-on." 

"My what?" Stefan looked incredulously toward the Adams' vampire who remained stern. "You took to google to diagnose me?" He turned to Caroline who was quiet. "And you're here because you're sublimating your feelings about what happened to Jesse last night."