𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER THIRTEEN | WE'RE PLANNING A JUNE WEDDING

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

DAMON, STEFAN, AND BONNIE MANAGED TO KILL CADE, BUT AN EVEN WORSE FOE TOOK HIS PLACE— KATHERINE PIERCE. They had assumed that once Cade died, Hell would fall apart, too. But, when Bonnie had trapped Kai Parker in an inescapable prison world, with the help of Lizzie and Josie, he revealed that Katherine Pierce was in fact running Hell and that she intended on getting revenge. 

"Alright, Professor," Damon spoke into his phone that he laid out on a loudspeaker for the benefit of Stefan, who no longer had a supernatural hearing. "How do we get rid of the Queen of Hell?"

"Are you sure Katherine's in our world?" Alaric Saltzman asked in a skeptical tone of voice. 

"When Cade crossed planes after the Eleventh ring of the bell, other souls could step through, too. Same way Kai did." Bonnie explained with a light shrug. "Katherine would have jumped at that chance."

"Then why haven't we seen her yet? I thought by now she'd be strutting around, making demands, or trying to get us all killed." The Forbes vampire asked, confusion across her face. 

"Maybe she's biding her time," Stefan answered as he glanced over to Klara, who paced up and down anxiously. 

"Biding her time for what, exactly?" The Adams vampire furrowed her brows. 

"Either way, you're gonna need a new weapon." Another voice called out.

"Is that Dorian?" Stefan scrunched his face in confusion once he heard the voice of the boy that had recently tried to kill him.

"Yeah." Alaric cleared his throat. "I've asked Dorian to take point on our research front."

"This doesn't mean you and I are cool. I still have those files on you, so I'm here to hold you accountable for the rest of your God-given life." Dorian sighed. 

"I hope that you do." Stefan nodded with a guilty look on his face. His gaze turned to Bonnie every so often, though the Bennett girl refused to even acknowledge him. 

"Uh." Klara cleared her throat in an attempt to change the subject. "Have you guys managed to find anything out, yet?"

"Cade was killed with a dagger that was made from his bones. It was fused into glass by a white-hot flame. First things first, though, I don't suppose you know where Katherine's bones are?" 

"Oh, who'd have ever thought she'd have done us a favor?" Damon smirked as Klara scoffed under her breath. "We've got every last one of Katherine's bones in the cave, underneath the old church. Leftover from the traveler barbecue she had when she tried to possess Elena."

"But fusing the bones into glass—" Bonnie skeptically glanced around the room. "How do we make that kind of weapon?"

"Would putting the bone in a metal dagger do the trick?" Matt Donovan joined in with a heavy sigh. "My parents are in town. I could ask my dad for help."