𝐎𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER ONE | DAY ONE OF TWENTY-TWO THOUSAND, GIVE OR TAKE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

IT HAD BEEN SIX WEEKS SINCE ELENA HAD BEEN MAGICALLY PUT TO SLEEP. It was safe to say that Damon didn't want to stick around in Mystic Falls where the love of his life slept soundly in a coffin just a short distance from him. So, in true Damon fashion, he grabbed Alaric, Bonnie, and headed off on a trip to Europe with the grieving-widow and the Bennett witch.  

Klara stepped down the staircase as her nostrils followed the familiar scent of a fry-up. the smell of eggs, sausages, bacon, and everything in between filled the Salvatore house until Klara finally saw Stefan at the stove in the kitchen. 

"Oh. Hey. Sorry, did I wake you?" Stefan furrowed his brows as he glanced at his girlfriend who stood in the doorway with a smile on her face. "I just— kinda wanted to treat you to breakfast in bed. But, obviously, the bed part is ruined now since you're up."

"What? No, no. You didn't wake me." Klara brightly smiled as she walked over to Stefan and wrapped her arms around his neck. "And, as for the bed part: I can go back there if you want? You could even join me."

"Ooh, Tempting. But, I can't. I gotta head to the hospital, Matt reported some stolen blood bags so I figured I'd go check it out." The Salvatore sighed as he placed a plate in front of Klara, who wasted no time tucking into the breakfast her boyfriend had prepared for her. 

"Blood bags? What, you think it's your Mom?" The blonde vampire raised an eyebrow as she started to cut into a sausage. "God. This is good."

"Glad you're enjoying it." A chuckle left Stefan's lips. "And, yeah. If it's not then she's quite literally dropped off the face of the Earth. I'm still deciding if that's a good thing or a bad thing."

"I can come with you if you want?" 

"No, no. You enjoy the house to yourself. I've got it." Stefan admirably smiled to his girlfriend, who hadn't really taken her eyes off of the breakfast since he presented it to her. 

The blonde vampire took a sip of the orange juice that laid on the counter. "Hey, did you get a really weird text from Damon that consisted of quite literally nothing of any substance?" 

"Uh." Stefan pulled his phone from his pocket to check his texts. "No, I can't say that I have."

A chuckle left Klara's lips, then she showed Stefan the text message she had received from Damon. "I don't know if you can understand what that says, but I can't. At least we know he's having a good time, though."

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say he was trying to say he missed you and he wished you were there," Stefan spoke in a strained voice as he attempted to read the text. "Huh. Shame.