𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER FIVE | BEST SERVED COLD

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

AFTER STEFAN AND DAMON HEADED OFF WITH VALERIE SOMEWHERE UNKNOWN, STEFAN DIDN'T MAKE THEIR DATE. Klara couldn't help but be a little upset, but he promised that he would make it up to her— and he was usually a man of his word when it came to dates.

She walked into the Lockwood mansion, where Stefan and Damon had taken up residence, and followed the noise of their bickering up the staircase. "Hey, so, do either of you two wanna tell me why Beau hand-delivered this to my dorm this morning?"

Damon looked over Klara's shoulder at the invitation from his mother. "Well, would you look at that? Looks like Mom's invited your gal-pal to join the party this evening." Klara furrowed her brows as she noticed the smirk on Damon's lips, then she turned her eyes to Stefan, who stood wearing a tux. 

"Damon, you saw her invite. Julian's back." Stefan stated bluntly as he turned around and noticed Damon hadn't gotten dressed. "You're going."

 "To watch Lily bat her eyes at her zombie douche-brain boy-toy? Thanks, but I'd rather stay home and stub my toe, repeatedly." Damon sent his brother a cold, emotionless smile. "Klara can go in my place."

"Wow. Every girl's dream." The blonde vampire rolled her eyes as she wandered over to the couch and dropped herself down onto it with a heavy sigh.

"You do realize that zombie douche-brain boy-toy is living in your house, bathing in your tub, eating your Froot Loops?" Stefan raised the question as he slid his jacket on.

"Oh, I know. I also know that he's the love of Mom's life. Mom, who convinced Kai to link Elena's life with Bonnie's so I'd be miserable for the next six-plus decades." 

As Damon revealed that Lily was the one who convinced Kai to put Elena to sleep, Klara's jaw dropped in horror. "She did, what?!"

"Oh, yeah. Didn't you know? Mama Salvatore has quite the dark and twisted mind for revenge." Damon spoke venomously. "Julian makes her happy. The more time they spend together, the happier she gets, the more tragic it'll be in six months when I hand deliver his heart to her."

Stefan furrowed his brows. "Six months?"

"Eh, you know, give or take." Damon shrugged with a smirk. Personally, he thought his plan was full-proof. "Let her get her hopes up. Let her start planning their entire eternity and then squish. He's dead."

Klara glanced between Damon and Stefan, and noticed the troubled look on Stefan's face— she knew the look all too well. "Okay. What's with the face, Stefan?"

"I don't know about you guys, but I plan on killing the bastard tonight." Stefan stepped past Damon and gave Klara a smile before he headed out of the room.