𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER FIFTEEN | RESCUE ME

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

KLARA KNEW THAT SHE WOULD BE STUPID TO TRUST ENZO. And she didn't trust him but right now, he was all she had. The drive the Atlanta to kill Stefan's doppelganger was dull, boring and quite frankly, depressing. The pair had stopped in a diner that Enzo suggested so they he could get a bite to eat. Klara didn't know whether he was referring to blood or an actual person.

Klara held the menu in her hand whilst she skim read the food that was on offer. The blonde's phone started to buzz from the centre of the table with the caller ID as Sloan but before she reached to answer it, Enzo got there first.

"Atlanta Assassination Squad. How many we be of service?" The British vampire answered, while Klara rolled her eyes and glanced back to the menu. She knew whatever Sloan wanted, it wouldn't be good.

"I take it you haven't located the doppelganger yet?" The impatient traveler asked. 

"You told us to find a nameless paramedic at the scene of a car accident in a city of freeays, fried green tomatoes and terrible drivers." Enzo rolled his eyes as he listed Sloan's exact instructions. "It's not exactly as easy as it sounds."

Sloan sighed. "Which is why I'm calling you. The doppelganger's name is Tom Avery and I just saw him deliver a patient to Atlantic Metropolitan Hospital."

"She saw him?" Klara gritted her teeth. She knew that he only way Sloan would be able to see anything, if if she continued to use Stefan. The blonde lunged forward and snatched the phone from Enzo. "We agreed that I find the doppelganger, you leave Stefan alone. Every time you link Stefan and Tom, you're frying his brain." 

"I don't have a damn about his brain. It's his blood that matters. And until Stefan and Elena are the last two doppelgangers on Earth, their blood is useless to me. So you better believe I'll give Stefan a back-alley lobotomy if you fail to kill Tom Avery."

"I won't fail, but I swear if you fry his brain one more damn time, I'll be forced to do the same to yours. Got it?" Klara sternly spoke into the phone before she ended the call and slammed it onto the table.

A smirk appeared on Enzo's face. "You'll fry her brain, too, huh?" He seemed almost impressed by Klara's dark motives. "You're like a perky blonde angel of death. Almost had me convinced."

"Yeah, well, sorry if I get upset when the people I care about get hurt. Don't you?" Klara exhaled heavily as she glared at Enzo. "Oh, yeah, that's right. You don't have anyone you care about."

"I wouldn't be so sure, Goldie-Locks." Enzo shrugged as he sipped his coffee.

Klara glanced back at Enzo over the top of her menu. "Don't call me that."