𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SIXTEEN | GODS AND MONSTERS 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

IN ORDER TO SAVE BONNIE FROM SUFFERING THE SAME FATE AS RAYNA, THEY NEEDED TO GET INSIDE THE ARMORY. It just so happened that the Armory was sealed shut by a Bennett witch, which meant that nobody else could open it but her. Their second option was a siphoner— Valerie was nowhere to be found so Damon wanted to use the twins, but Klara and Stefan told him it was not an option. 

"Then Lizzie had three cookies, and I only had two," Josie explained to her mother while she and her twin sister FaceTimed Klara. The blonde vampire wanted to keep in touch with her girls as much as possible while she couldn't be near them.

Lizzie lifted her head up and shook it. "Two and a half." She corrected with a considerable amount of sass that made Klara chuckle.

Caroline, who stood behind Lizzie and Josie with a smile on her face, nodded. "As you can see, Alaric's been feeding them lots of sugar at eight in the morning."

"Care, thank you so much for keeping an eye on them," Klara spoke thankfully toward her best friend.

"Of course. Don't worry, you just stay safe, okay? You've got nothing to worry about here."

Klara took a breath and then turned her attention back to her daughters. "Cookies for breakfast, huh? At least I know that Daddy is feeding you very well." Klara smiled as she watched Alaric step into view with a tray of cookies.  

"Yeah, well, the girls wanted cookies and Daddy needed something to take his mind off things." Alaric chuckled softly as he dumped another cookie onto each of their plates.

"I miss you, Mommy." Lizzie sighed out as she glanced back toward the iPad.

"Oh, sweetheart, I miss you more." Klara pouted and tilted her head to the side as she watched the girls wave goodbye and then the call ended. She glanced to Stefan, who's eyes remained on the road. "They're just kids, Stefan. They shouldn't have anything to do with this life. Not yet, at least."

Stefan nodded slowly and then he watched Klara's face fall again. "What? What is it?"

"Lizzie siphoned Caroline the other day. They were overexcited and Lizzie took Josie's goodie-bag from a party, Caroline took it back from her, and then she grabbed her arm." Klara revealed as Stefan nodded slowly. "Care knew that she didn't mean to. I just— that's why I want them to have a normal life. A normal childhood, at least."

"It's your decision. Period." Stefan gave the blonde a small smile and a nod. He knew that Klara obviously felt guilty for refusing to involve the girls, but she needed them to be safe.

"I appreciate that." Klara breathed and a small smile as she watched his eyes avert back to the road. "Still doesn't mean that I forgive you the leaving or kidnapping."