𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN | I'D LEAVE MY HAPPY HOME FOR YOU

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

CAROLINE HAD DECIDED TO SKIP TOWN SHORTLY AFTER SHE TURNED HER HUMANITY BACK ON. Much to the dismay of the rest of the girls, that meant that planning Jo's Bachelorette party was down to them. They had hired a stripper and all gathered in one of the back rooms at Whitmore Medical to get the party started. Shortly after the stripper, the girls had decided to head to a diner in Mystic Falls. Klara had compelled the owners of the diner to close early so that it would only just be them. She figured it was a nice touch considering Jo loved food.

"An entire diner to ourselves? Actual heaven." Jo smiled approvingly toward the girls as she took yet another bite of her burger—which was obviously not a veggie option.

"If Caroline were here, we'd be planning a spa day." Elena retorted. Klara noticed the smirk on Elena's face, she knew that given the option between a diner and a spa, Elena would surely choose a diner.

"But now she's MIA." Bonnie sighed out, a look of sadness on her face as she remembered the reason Caroline had skipped town in the first place. 

"Understandable, considering." Jo nodded and then glanced up to Klara, knowing she had gone through the same thing. "How're you doing, Klara? Must've been tough."

"Oh. It was. But, I've got an amazing support system." Klara smiled in reference to Stefan, who had been by her side every moment. "I figured it would be a good idea to compel the lovely owners of this diner to shut early so we could fill out faces and forget about the drama for one night." Klara wriggled her eyebrows with a smirk as she tossed a fry into her mouth.

"You're geniuses." The woman nodded.

"Except, aren't you a vegetarian?" Bonnie raised an eyebrow toward Jo, who had shoved the remains of her burger into her mouth. Elena and Klara both rolled their eyes at the girl. "What? I'm just saying, that's not exactly a garden burger."

"The baby is not okay with the no-meat thing. Besides, it's my party and I'll eat what I want." Jo grabbed hold of her milkshake and placed the straw up to her lips. "I do wish this was vodka, though."

"Oh, tell me about it. I'd kill for a drink right now." Klara rolled her eyes and finally edged her way onto her burger after she'd finished her fries.

"Hey, I don't wanna know what Ric's doing, do I?" She looked between the three girls who all immediately widened their eyes and cleared their throats.

"Probably at the movies." The Bennett witch stuttered.

"Yeah, or Mini-Golf."

Jo rolled her eyes as she heard the three girls giggle. She knew that whatever Alaric was doing, it probably wasn't good. "I need ketchup." She sighed and then lifted herself up from the table.